SIGNED: Chris Gunter

258 posts
moonwalklikebas

Re: SIGNED: Chris Gunter

by moonwalklikebas » 17 Jul 2012 21:14

Be some banter between Him and Harte considering when Gunter played RM against us last season Hartey had him in his back pocket!!

Good signing,

I expect another BIG signing and thats our business done.

Im putting a few quid on either Owen or Inzaghi.................Cant believe im saying that! If you told me 10 years ago we are in for either Owen or Inzaghi I would have covered the stadium in ejaculatous!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jul 2012 21:16

Owen 10 years ago....so might've I....not now tho'

robinsfriday

Re: SIGNED - Chris Gunter

by robinsfriday » 17 Jul 2012 21:17

PremAddict
Simon's Church Always thought he was a prick at Forest. Good player though and better than Cummings.

But he's OUR prick now, so all is well...

Exactly. If you're going to be a prick to the opposition and an ass to play against, then may as well do it dressed in hoops. One of us.

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

by Spud Gun » 17 Jul 2012 22:26

winchester_royal One of the few full backs who I always thought got the better of Kebe and McAnuff. Very solid defender, young but experienced, plenty of improvement left in him.

It's been a good day.

Agreed about Gunter keeping Kebe and McAnuff quiet. I don't think I ever saw him have a bad game against us! Very happy with this signing :)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2012 22:35

Dare to Dr£am I've never said I'm in the know, far from it, but we did agree a fee with Palace and also spoke to Clyne's agent. A few people picked up on it that are deemed reliable, so that was good enough for me. You really don't think we had all our eggs in one basket? Not that is matters now. We got the man we wanted originally after it looked like it might not happen. Superb signing!

:lol:

You've never said you're in the know. You just post rumours and speculation as fact and then claim you've never claimed to be ITK when someone points out your posts are full o' crap. Some twatters and pub gossip does not constitute reliable information. Deemed reliable by who exactly? The lobotomised?
:roll:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jul 2012 23:57

Did Gunter play in the promotion winning game at the Madj?

IIRC he was a Cardiff protege who Tottenham signed but Bale turned out to be the bigger star by far? Still, I like the policy of young and hungry Champ players (uh oh cliche alert there - this is also presumably a signing of intent) coming on board, more to prove than the likes of Luke Young. I also like us doing business early, giving these fellas time to bed in rather than the Brendan Rodgers policy of 'pre-season begins in August' :|

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 18 Jul 2012 00:00

floyd__streete Did Gunter play in the promotion winning game at the Madj?

IIRC he was a Cardiff protege who Tottenham signed but Bale turned out to be the bigger star by far? Still, I like the policy of young and hungry Champ players (uh oh cliche alert there - this is also presumably a signing of intent) coming on board, more to prove than the likes of Luke Young. I also like us doing business early, giving these fellas time to bed in rather than the Brendan Rodgers policy of 'pre-season begins in August' :|

Yes, he waded through the RFC supporters to clap the NFFC fans apparently...

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 18 Jul 2012 09:32

Only downside to Gunter signing, and possibly replacing Cummings as first choice, is the disappearance of 'Shaun Cummings all over her face'.

A personal favourite of mine.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Jul 2012 10:02

AthleticoSpizz Owen 10 years ago.......not now tho'

+1

As another who has been seriously impressed with our summer business, why the fcuk would we want Owen?..................................I wouldn't even swap him for Church :|

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2012 10:38

PremAddict
Simon's Church Always thought he was a prick at Forest. Good player though and better than Cummings.

Talking of which, I like the way that the OS appear to have got him to pose for the pictures in a manner that obscures some of his naughty sweat shirt design!

There's one shot where it looks as though Madejski might just have realised what those lego figures are doing!!

Last edited by RoyalBlue on 18 Jul 2012 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 18 Jul 2012 10:42

RoyalBlue
PremAddict

Talking of which, I like the way that the OS appear to have got him to pose for the pictures in a manner that obscures some of his naughty sweat shirt design!

There's one shot where it looks as though Madejski might just have realised what those lego figures are doing!!

He seems like an alright guy, but why oh why is he wearing that?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 18 Jul 2012 10:54

Is anyone else having trouble loading the video on Reading Player of the Gunter interview?

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 18 Jul 2012 11:13

Works fine for me m8

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 18 Jul 2012 11:19

Here's another pic of the t-shirt :shock: :lol:

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 18 Jul 2012 12:12

Ian Royal Some twatters and pub gossip does not constitute reliable information. :roll:

And shouldn't be treated as such. What part of Rumours and GOSSIP don't you understand?

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 18 Jul 2012 17:03

This a great bit of business, young player with good amount experience already and a lot of potential. A full back that can play on either flank, which is what we needed. Should slot straight in at right back though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jul 2012 17:04

Dare to Dr£am
Ian Royal Some twatters and pub gossip does not constitute reliable information. :roll:

And shouldn't be treated as such. What part of Rumours and GOSSIP don't you understand?

I think it's the part where you post things as fact.

No Fixed Abode

Re: Rumour: Chris Gunter

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Jul 2012 17:30

Ideal
No Fixed Abode
USA_Loyal_Royal incredible signing. i am very pleased with the business done so far. im still holding on to hope that we will sign either an am or a striker.

Incredible? Really? :|

I have to say I thought this was Forests best player by far, and as such it is very surprising that we managed to get him.

Uncertainty at Forest, plus the pull of Premier league football? Hardly surprising really.......

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 19 Jul 2012 13:53

Delighted with this signing

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jul 2012 14:58

floyd__streete Did Gunter play in the promotion winning game at the Madj?

I very much doubt that Rodgers willingly chose to wait till August. I suspect his hands were very firmly tied by the old 'balancing the books/cloth cutting regime'. In contrast, after suffering in a similar manner himself previously, McDermott is now able to take advantage of new found riches to conclude signings early.

258 posts