Bolton thread?

195 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Apr 2007 17:19

hang on why was it a robbery? BBC has us 51-49 on possession for a start. Pretty good for the away side.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Apr 2007 17:19

Royal Lady Someone feels embarrassed that we won - as it was daylight robbery. What the oxf*rd are these people on?!!!!! :twisted:

Mind altering drugs i'd imagine.

Bolton switched off we didn't. We deserved it.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Apr 2007 17:20

LUX hang on why was it a robbery? BBC has us 51-49 on possession for a start. Pretty good for the away side.

It's not that, it's that they were winning until ten minutes before the end and it then finished 3-1 to us...

We were just lulling them into a false of security that's all..

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Apr 2007 17:21

To be perfectly honest, surely it doesn't matter how you win, it's a win at the end of the day. To be so anal and say you're "embarrassed" at winning is a oxf*rd disgrace - some supporters they are.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 21 Apr 2007 17:21

Royal Lady Someone feels embarrassed that we won - as it was daylight robbery. What the oxf*rd are these people on?!!!!! :twisted:

God knows. If you can’t enjoy that, then you should give up on football. Any Reading fans not delirious with joy at that result really must have unhappy lives.

Of course we didn't deserve to win three-one, but that not going to stop me giggling with foolish joy.
Last edited by ElmParker on 21 Apr 2007 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Apr 2007 17:21

Royal Lady To be perfectly honest, surely it doesn't matter how you win, it's a win at the end of the day. To be so anal and say you're "embarrassed" at winning is a oxf*rd disgrace - some supporters they are.

To be perfectly honest, Bolton should be the ones feeling a little red faced ;)

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 21 Apr 2007 17:22

zac naloen
LUX hang on why was it a robbery? BBC has us 51-49 on possession for a start. Pretty good for the away side.

It's not that, it's that they were winning until ten minutes before the end and it then finished 3-1 to us...

By the same token, they were only winning for 20 minutes. Maybe if they'd scored in the first half, and been all over us, and a member of their team actually scored the goal, "daylight robbery" could be justified.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 21 Apr 2007 17:22

Why put yourself through the pain of listening to some of the fans on the radio, points mean prizes!!

I would rather be playing mediocre and winning than giving 100% and losing. This is Bolton we won at today 3-1 wasn't it? jesus some people.

We all know we weren't great, but you cant be brilliant every match, but it doesnt take us playing 'badly' to produce a masterclass within an 8 minute time span at the end of the game :lol: :lol:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 21 Apr 2007 17:23

Royal Lady To be perfectly honest, surely it doesn't matter how you win, it's a win at the end of the day. To be so anal and say you're "embarrassed" at winning is a oxf*rd disgrace - some supporters they are.

is it OUR fans complaining? unF8ckingbelievable :shock:

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Apr 2007 17:24

my Mum says Coppell looked worried at the end.

Anyone worried the club (JM, Coppell) really do not want UEFA cup next season and might throw it?

I'm back for the Newcastle game at great expense and want a night to remember (like today)

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Apr 2007 17:24

chilipepper91
zac naloen

By the same token, they were only winning for 20 minutes. Maybe if they'd scored in the first half, and been all over us, and a member of their team actually scored the goal, "daylight robbery" could be justified.

Indeed. As I said, they should be ones who are embarassed. They should know having watched us all season we don't give up and you cannot relax against us. You get punished, in the form of goals.

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 21 Apr 2007 17:26

LUX my Mum says Coppell looked worried at the end.

Anyone worried the club (JM, Coppell) really do not want UEFA cup next season and might throw it?

I'm back for the Newcastle game at great expense and want a night to remember (like today)

Hes probably as shocked with how it went as we were. Everyone moans about uefa cup but how do we know how well we would do? we may lose straight away.. we may do well

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 21 Apr 2007 17:28

oh please. that'll be why copps made a triple substitution then.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Apr 2007 17:28

As I've said on another thread, I don't see what the problem would be if we got into Europe - I'm not expecting us to win the thing, though, of course, anything is possible with RFC, but even if we used similar players to our cup runs, what have we got to lose? Seriously?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Apr 2007 17:29

zac naloen
Tails Some people calling in are right twonks, we played poorly, we got 3 points....who cares, i dont...

Hold on, people are complaining?

We just totally mugged Bolton at home.. and people are COMPLAINING??

Jesus oxf*rd Christ.

Over the years we have been raped at the final whistle, i feel that really this is just rewards! We got a lot more to come!

Sky Sports before the game mentioned royals fans asking for their money back after the draw with fulham? WHAT THE CHUFF?!

GET A GRIP!

Get A Chuffing Grip.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Apr 2007 17:30

I agree RL. I'd love it too.

I am suggesting the club might not want it. Hasn't Coppell even said as much?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Apr 2007 17:31

skipper [
Sky Sports before the game mentioned royals fans asking for their money back after the draw with fulham?
Get A Chuffing Grip.

what draw with Fulham?

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 21 Apr 2007 17:31

Royal Lady As I've said on another thread, I don't see what the problem would be if we got into Europe - I'm not expecting us to win the thing, though, of course, anything is possible with RFC, but even if we used similar players to our cup runs, what have we got to lose? Seriously?

I went to the fans forum and it appears to be that Coppell likes a squad of around 21-22. he said if we make europe we need to bring in 3 or 4 more players in on top of the targets we are looking for had we missed out on europe so say potentially 8 new players. By this number we have a larger squad with more top players wanting to play which in turn could jeopardise our performance and team unity in only our 2nd season in the premiership. Also financially would cost us a lot more to invest in more players transfer fees and wages. Europe would be amazing as long as it didn't effect our premiership status which of course is top priority.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 21 Apr 2007 17:32

It's Coppell. That how he always looks.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 21 Apr 2007 17:32

skipper Over the years we have been raped at the final whistle, i feel that really this is just rewards!

Thinking back, can anyone recall a situation where we were mugged by Bolton?

195 posts