RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious cracks

185 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:01

sheshnu
Alan Partridge They put out the best available 11 players to win that specific match. 1-0.

I've highlighted the important bit. Some of the best players at the club aren't currently available for selection. I'm also, possibly slightly optimistically, hoping that Fae turns out to be the player I want him to be.

Indeed they aren't, and for the next game at Blackburn Coppell amy prefer Sonko or Bikey to Duberry, Fae to Gunnarsson, Lita for Doyle, Oster for Rosenior who knows?! Horses for courses.

Fezza

by Fezza » 08 Oct 2007 11:06

Alan Partridge
Royalee You neglect to mention that they had to play Solano at right back, along with Duberry's main rival to worst defender in the Premiership, and Michael Owen was barely half fit. Oh, and they were managed by Glen Roeder.

How does Solano at right back make any difference? Apparantly with their megastars we would get ripped to pieces, showing that with N'Zogbia, Dyer, Owen, Martins and Emre in the team, were we ripped to pieces?

No, 1-0.

Duberry and Gunnarsson played for us that day, with De La Cruz, Ivar, Shorey and Seol.

Under a very poor manager, both Owen and Dyer were unfit, oh, and N'Zogbia and Martins were unsettled prior to the summer transfer window.

With Viduka up front to release Owen or Martins I am very concerned as i can't see either of our current central defenders keeping up with a fit Owen or containing Viduka.

The fact is last season our midfield provided support for the back four, the last four games this hasn't happened!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:08

Fezza
Alan Partridge
Royalee You neglect to mention that they had to play Solano at right back, along with Duberry's main rival to worst defender in the Premiership, and Michael Owen was barely half fit. Oh, and they were managed by Glen Roeder.

How does Solano at right back make any difference? Apparantly with their megastars we would get ripped to pieces, showing that with N'Zogbia, Dyer, Owen, Martins and Emre in the team, were we ripped to pieces?

No, 1-0.

Duberry and Gunnarsson played for us that day, with De La Cruz, Ivar, Shorey and Seol.

Under a very poor manager, both Owen and Dyer were unfit, oh, and N'Zogbia and Martins were unsettled prior to the summer transfer window.

With Viduka up front to release Owen or Martins I am very concerned as i can't see either of our current central defenders keeping up with a fit Owen or containing Viduka.

The fact is last season our midfield provided support for the back four, the last four games this hasn't happened!

Newcastle flatter to decieve EVERY season and deliver less frequently than Royal Mail. We'll see, i'll certainly back us to turn them over.
Last edited by Alan Partridge on 08 Oct 2007 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 08 Oct 2007 11:08

Alan Partridge Indeed they aren't, and for the next game at Blackburn Coppell amy prefer Sonko or Bikey to Duberry, Fae to Gunnarsson, Lita for Doyle, Oster for Rosenior who knows?! Horses for courses.

Don't you think Sonko would be a certain starter if fully fit? I think Convey would be as well but people round here seem to like Hunt ( :? ) The Gunnarsson/Fae and Oster/Rosenior conundrums are less clear-cut at the moment.

And then there's poor old Glenn, but everybody has probably known for ages he's going to miss this season :cry:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:10

sheshnu Don't you think Sonko would be a certain starter if fully fit? I think Convey would be as well but people round here seem to like Hunt ( :? ) The Gunnarsson/Fae and Oster/Rosenior conundrums are less clear-cut at the moment.

And then there's poor old Glenn, but everybody has probably known for ages he's going to miss this season :cry:

We won't know with Sonko, people just seem to think he will come back as good as before. He is coming off a VERY serious injury, one that he may never fully recover from. Convey is a better player than Hunt absolutely no question. Convey gets that chance yesterday and we are 1-0 up. Glen Little sadly is finished as a player at Reading FC. He won't play for us again IMO.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2007 11:12

I'm bored with telling people Gunnarsson and Duberry aren't up to it so I'm feeling generous enough to educate everyone this afternoon as I've got a day off. Someone, ANYONE with a copy of the game from yesterday, please upload it in it's entirety and I will outline minute-by-minute their mistakes for everyone to see clear as day.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:14

Royalee I'm bored with telling people Gunnarsson and Duberry aren't up to it so I'm feeling generous enough to educate everyone this afternoon as I've got a day off. Someone, ANYONE with a copy of the game from yesterday, please upload it in it's entirety and I will outline minute-by-minute their mistakes for everyone to see clear as day.

How many chances did Derby have?

What was the score?

Do watch that tape again and count how many headers Duberry won. You may need to get an abacus.

Oh and do offer your services to Mr S Coppell of Reading FC i'm sure he'd love your expert opinion.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2007 11:16

Alan Partridge
Royalee I'm bored with telling people
Gunnarsson and Duberry aren't up to it so I'm feeling generous enough to educate everyone this afternoon as I've got a day off. Someone, ANYONE with a copy of the game from yesterday, please upload it in it's entirety and I will outline minute-by-minute their mistakes for everyone to see clear as day.

What was the score?

Do watch that tape again and count how many headers Duberry won. You may need to get an abacus.

Oh and do offer your services to Mr S Coppell of Reading FC i'm sure he'd love your expert opinion.

I'm beginning to think he bloody well needs it if he can't tell why we've been letting goals in at will and then picks the bloody same team again.
Last edited by Royalee on 08 Oct 2007 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 08 Oct 2007 11:17

Maybe the team is playing poorly, and maybe certain players aren't all that great, but a quick look at the league table reveals 8 (EIGHT) teams who are playing worse, or have worse players. It's a surprise, but it's there for all to see.

Duberry's probably a bit average and Gunnarsson isn't anywhere near the player he was last season (when we saw him). They still weren't the worst players on the pitch yesterday.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:18

Royalee
Alan Partridge
Gunnarsson and Duberry aren't up to it so I'm feeling generous enough to educate everyone this afternoon as I've got a day off. Someone, ANYONE with a copy of the game from yesterday, please upload it in it's entirety and I will outline minute-by-minute their mistakes for everyone to see clear as day.

What was the score?

Oh and do offer your services to Mr S Coppell of Reading FC i'm sure he'd love your expert opinion.[/quote

I'm beginning to think he bloody well needs it if he can't tell why we've been letting goals in at will and then picks the bloody same team again.

And we WON and kept a CLEAN SHEET which surely validates his opinion yesterday?!!!!! I wasn't happy with the selection, i didn't think Ivar, Murty or Bryn should have played. But Coppell picked 11 players to win the game. We won 1-0. Lovely stuff.
Last edited by Alan Partridge on 08 Oct 2007 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:18

sheshnu Maybe the team is playing poorly, and maybe certain players aren't all that great, but a quick look at the league table reveals 8 (EIGHT) teams who are playing worse, or have worse players. It's a surprise, but it's there for all to see.

Duberry's probably a bit average and Gunnarsson isn't anywhere near the player he was last season (when we saw him). They still weren't the worst players on the pitch yesterday.

Indeed.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Oct 2007 11:20

Alan Partridge
Royalee
Alan Partridge

What was the score?

Oh and do offer your services to Mr S Coppell of Reading FC i'm sure he'd love your expert opinion.[/quote

And we WON and kept a CLEAN SHEET which surely validates his opinion yesterday?!!!!! I wasn't happy with the selection, i didn't think Ivar, Murty or Bryn should have played. But Coppell picked 11 players to win the game. We won 1-0. Lovely stuff.

Not against a Derby side which are arguably even worse than Watford were last season. Maybe you'd have a point if we could defeat proper opposition.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 08 Oct 2007 11:23

Royalee Not against a Derby side which are arguably even worse than Watford were last season. Maybe you'd have a point if we could defeat proper opposition.

Pretty poor comparison given our results against Watford last season. Well a good comparison because Derby are worse, but then I don't see your point.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:23

Royalee
Alan Partridge
Royalee
Alan Partridge

What was the score?

Not against a Derby side which are arguably even worse than Watford were last season. Maybe you'd have a point if we could defeat proper opposition.

Hwo did we get on against Watford last season?

Royalee your points are getting worse mate.

Beating Derby and teams like that will form our season not how we get on against the top teams. Anything off them is a bonus. We have to take 4-6 points off Derby, Birmingham, Fulham, Wigan, teams like that. Of course they are proper opposition.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 08 Oct 2007 11:40

voyeur we are only three points behind where were last year. Also we have played Chelsea and Man U. Not too bad really

That's the reality of it isn't it.

Last season wasn't all 6-0's, there were some pretty poor results in there as well.
Last edited by sheshnu on 08 Oct 2007 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Oct 2007 11:40

voyeur we are only three points behind where were last year. Also we have played Chelsea and Man U. Not too bad really

yet again we show we can more than hold our own in this division after spending the least for two years
but that doesnt fit with the whingers assessment so they have to make out its just awful, and we are certs for the drop if we continue with all the current selections, and unless we spend 85 milluion in january

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 08 Oct 2007 11:44

And last year at this stage we had played Arsenal as well so that hardly holds water.

On the plus side though, if you look at the results against the actual teams we have played against last years results, we are also indeed only 3 points behind if you swap Watford for Derby (both the previous seasons playoff winners) and Sunderland with Shef Untd.

Taking the positives - we have been poorer this year than last year and still have a decent enough return of points. When we get the likes of Sonko and Covey back and the team starts playing better (as we know they can) then a mid table finish is what I would expect.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 Oct 2007 11:47

Just a question.

If last season hadn't happened and this was our first in the Premier Division, would those people ringing their hands in dismay now, actually be commending us on our fine start to the season.?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Oct 2007 11:48

Vision Just a question.

If last season hadn't happened and this was our first in the Premier Division, would those people ringing their hands in dismay now, actually be commending us on our fine start to the season.?

Of course, everyone said last season and to an extent this season 17th is a success. When the reality hits that we might not win every week people change their tune.

185 posts