Fall on your sword

159 posts
Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fall on your sword

by Thaumagurist* » 20 Oct 2009 15:18

Royal With Cheese
Ideal Oh yeah, and lets not forget that in addition to the £3M+ he in fact spent, he had another £2M lined up to spend on Tommy Smith.
So in fact he had £5M to spend, and failed to sign a single player worth keeping!!!!

Brendan Rodgers can oxf*rd right off!

I'm no Blandon apologist but I though we bought Raz and McEnoof because the Smith deal fell through - not in addition.

At the time, I think the hints were that he had always intended to buy them even if he did succeed in buying Smith.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Oct 2009 15:19

Lol-tbf to the not perpetually depressive we have dominated alot of games for periods,mostly 1st half-we just have a problem with maintaining it mentally. And he has just said hes going to adapt and change,due to not really having the players. Not saying i think hes covering himself in glory. But youre berating him wrongly on these two points.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 20 Oct 2009 16:03

Ian Royal
Royal Lady Even if he did, I suspect JM would refuse to accept his resignation - he's just spent nearly a million on getting him here hasn't here, plus £3 million or so on his world class signings - he won't want to see that thrown down the drain.

Madejski isn't stupid. He knows what he'll lose if he stays. £1m lost to get rid of the clown is peanuts compared to what we'll lose if we keep him.

I think he has had his moments (Sir John I mean). We might have survived in the Prem with a little investment during the Jan window. Instead we tryed to see it out with what we had and went down on G/D. All we had to do was beat Fulham.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 20 Oct 2009 16:09

rob the royal wrote: We're going nowhere fast, the guy needs to come down of his high horse and have a rethink so we can start playing a bit of football and getting some goals. I'm not asking for much - avoid relegation. That should be easily achievable, but not the way he's carrying on....

He doesn't have the right players to make what he wants to do work...

We need to go back to basics and avoid relegation

Brendan Rodgers said: Yeah, basically we need to do what he said.

Only just read his comments on the OS

Thanks for finally taking my recommendations on board Brendan. Does this mean I can slot in above Frank Lampard Senior in the management of the club now?

Now the question is will he be able to manage this task? He SHOULD be able to get us a few more points over the next few weeks if we keep things a bit more simple, but I'm not expecting a lot... just an improvement. More clean sheets and/or a couple more goals would be a start.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Oct 2009 16:13

Ideal
Royal Lady reflect on what he needs? Didn't he have the whole of pre-season for that? If he doesn't have the type of player he needs, it's ENTIRELY down to him, he bought players in on contracts and on loan. He's a complete and utter buffoon. :roll:

+1,000,000

With the greatest of respect, what he inherited (and had pre-season with) was a squad without many performers proven at this level. He was never going to be sure whether the majority of those players could cut it at this level anymore than anyone else could. A big chunk of what he's bought in are, on paper at least, players such as Mills,Howard,Rasiak and McAnuff who are decent if unspectacular at Championship level.

His biggest mistake in my opinion (and I said this after the Barnsley win) has been in trying to give "everyone" a chance to prove themselves he's chopped and changed far too much and as a result has given very few a realistic chance to actually prove themselves.

The signs on Cummings and Howard in my view are not good but I certainly wouldn't write off McAnuff,Mills and Rasiak on the evidence of less than a handful of League starts each.

He's made mistakes for sure and he does himself few favours with a lot of his public utterences but anyone who thought this season was going to anything other than a struggle was seriously deluding themselves. Perhaps that applies to Rodgers as much as it does to some of the fans.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Oct 2009 16:13

I want him to go and I want him to go now. He has destroyed my faith in the football club. He has turned me into something that I don't like and I am starting to hope that we lose more games. I hope we dont win another game while he is in charge. If he scrapes a win here and there many will say how wnderful he is. Well, from where I am sat he can just feck off right here and right now. I do not want him anywhere mear my club. Rant mode off but he makes my blood boil with all his claptrap and buffoonery.

BODGERS OUT NOW!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 16:17

Ideal Oh yeah, and lets not forget that in addition to the £3M+ he in fact spent, he had another £2M lined up to spend on Tommy Smith.
So in fact he had £5M to spend, and failed to sign a single player worth keeping!!!!

Sorry but I think you've fallen for a case of RFC double-counting with that statement.

IIRC when the Smith deal fell through, Rodgers and the club said that it freed up the money to spend on other signings. After that point we paid out for McAnuff & Rasiak and signed O'Dea on loan. Had we succeeded in signing Smith, I am not sure those other signings would have been allowed.

At the end of the day we spent @ £3M although fees not really disclosed. I also believe that Rodgers stated he wanted a couple more players - if that was the case and the extra £2M really was available, why didn't we sign them?

Thaumagurist*
Royal With Cheese

I'm no Blandon apologist but I though we bought Raz and McEnoof because the Smith deal fell through - not in addition.

At the time, I think the hints were that he had always intended to buy them even if he did succeed in buying Smith.

I think you'll find that those hints came courtesy of the Mad Stad Spin Doctors who were keen to knock down the accusations that they were panic buys following the club's bodged attempt to sign Smith on the cheap!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 20 Oct 2009 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Oct 2009 16:20

Terminal Boardom I want him to go and I want him to go now. He has destroyed my faith in the football club. He has turned me into something that I don't like and I am starting to hope that we lose more games. I hope we dont win another game while he is in charge. If he scrapes a win here and there many will say how wnderful he is. Well, from where I am sat he can just feck off right here and right now. I do not want him anywhere mear my club. Rant mode off but he makes my blood boil with all his claptrap and buffoonery.

Did you copy and paste that from your Stephen Hunt rants?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Oct 2009 16:24

Terminal Boardom I want him to go and I want him to go now. He has destroyed my faith in the football club. He has turned me into something that I don't like and I am starting to hope that we lose more games. I hope we dont win another game while he is in charge. If he scrapes a win here and there many will say how wnderful he is. Well, from where I am sat he can just feck off right here and right now. I do not want him anywhere mear my club. Rant mode off but he makes my blood boil with all his claptrap and buffoonery.

BODGERS OUT NOW!

ghey lhord

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 20 Oct 2009 16:37

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 26 Jun 2010 03:30, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 16:56

LOL - that will REALLY push TB over the edge! :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Oct 2009 17:18

Thaumagurist*

BODGERS OUT NOW!

Christ, that's pretty pathetic. You're just yet another "I want it all and I want it all now" (copyright Royal Rother) fan. I'm seriously considering putting you on my ignore list.

...or I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm thick....

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 20 Oct 2009 17:34

personally , i think he should pick his best 11 , play 442 , everyweek , use subs wisely and only change with injury or ban.
then only keep or buy players who are up to his 433 job , if he can't find a squad capable of 433 then don't bother or fcuk off somewhere else where they can afford 10million pound players from holland , germany and france

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 20 Oct 2009 17:40

Just read his latest comments - the best interview he has given in my view. If can do that on the pitch and it yields results then I have time for him again.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Oct 2009 17:52

Definitely his best interview to date - but for all the wrong reasons. He's basically blaming the players, saying that it's not his fault and that he needs ONE right player. The last words of a drowning man.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 20 Oct 2009 17:55

I'm not sure he's saying his players are bad - he's saying they're not playing the right way and to their strengths. Either he hasn't shouldered enough responsibility in there for me. Still, I can overlook that if we start playing more effective football.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Oct 2009 18:04

Mr Controversial Brenda you are a c0ck!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... _of_player

“But we probably don't have the type of player, at the moment, to do what we want them to do. I've been able to reflect on what I need, the problem is I may not be able to get that straight away.

“We have to work with the players to get positive results and that brings confidence, then success.”

Firstly - you have had £3million to bring in "your type of players" - All of whome have underperformed in my eyes - this is down to you to sort.
Secondly - any manager worth his salt will change and adapt his tactics/approach to work with what the players he has got - you dont.

I find myself agreeing. I have supported Rodgers until now but think his comments today are a disgrace. He is effectively slagging the players off for not being able to play HIS system.

I find myself for the first time really doubting that he has any idea what he is doing as if the players cannot play his prefeered system - then you change the system - as you say.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Oct 2009 19:14

Having to base my opinions on match reports as well as comments from the more respected nobbers (if there is such a thing) I really worry that Rodgers is making the same mistake as Burns, and trying playing a brand of football too advanced for our level. Tommy B´s ideas sounded great, but the players were simply not good enough to implement them.

I still think he has a chance of turning things around, after all it took Pardew 20-25 games to get going, but time is running out and he really needs to realise that this is a tough league where nice passing football sometimes means nothing.

Cookie

by Cookie » 20 Oct 2009 19:21

Binfield Royal Make this thread a poll now and see how many vote for him to stay. Its been long enough, BR obviously does not have any answers.

He's going 4-4-2 tonight.

159 posts