Player ratings for Swansea

AR Royal

Re: Player ratings for Swansea

by AR Royal » 30 May 2011 21:35

Uke FFS Today's ratings do not matter one jot. It was a one-off match, no one could call it before kick off.

As far as I'm concerned it's 10/10 for the whole team for GETTING US TO WEMBLEY IN THE FIRST PLACE

Well in all fairness, nobodies opinion on here matters. But its a discussion board and we wanna discuss the ratings for todays game...

Im very happy with the fact the team managed to get to the playoff final. So yeah 10/10 to them all for that but today, some players just didnt step up as we would have liked. Hence some poor ratings for today...not neccessarily for the season

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 30 May 2011 21:41

AR Royal
Uke FFS Today's ratings do not matter one jot. It was a one-off match, no one could call it before kick off.

As far as I'm concerned it's 10/10 for the whole team for GETTING US TO WEMBLEY IN THE FIRST PLACE

Well in all fairness, nobodies opinion on here matters. But its a discussion board and we wanna discuss the ratings for todays game...

Im very happy with the fact the team managed to get to the playoff final. So yeah 10/10 to them all for that but today, some players just didnt step up as we would have liked. Hence some poor ratings for today...not neccessarily for the season

Agreed, but it's so easy to slam people with 3's etc.

Just how intimidating must that have been down there?

No wonder some crumbled and when they saw a weakness Swansea capitalised. I would have expected the same from us had Swansea given away a penalty so early
Last edited by Uke on 31 May 2011 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 30 May 2011 21:51

not gunna rate all the players, but all i will say is my biggest dissapointment was Zurab.. great player and has proved it recently but really came up short today... actually ill add Griffin and Harte to the same description.
MOM for me is probably Matt Mills... great performance... good tackles, some great passes and a good goal .... but still we have to forget his poor challenge on Sinclair ( i think) in the opening few minutes which led to Borini fluffing his freekick

AR Royal

by AR Royal » 31 May 2011 01:35

Uke
AR Royal

Agreed, but it's so eat to slam people with 3's etc.

No wonder some crumbled and when they saw a weakness Swansea capitalised. I would have expected the same from us had Swansea given away a penalty so early

Yeah, maybe it was intimidating...but the three players that i have given such a low rating are the three that you would expect to be able to deal with that sort of pressure. When you consider the fact that Harte has played in the champions league and accomplished so much in his career. Griffin has played in the prem...most notably for Newcastle infront of 50,000 people week in, week out. Zurab has played in the prem for blackburn, captained his country (albeit Georgia). It's really quite disappointing. Maybe I would be more understanding if somebody like Karacan who has very little big game experience had put in such a terrible performance.

But for those three players, all with bags of experience to put in such poor performances was a huge letdown. Im sure they will all be kicking themselves about it...but they would have been the players you would have expected to step up and put in a respectable performance.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 31 May 2011 01:49

AR Royal
Uke Agreed, but it's so easy to slam people with 3's etc.

Yeah, maybe it was intimidating...but the three players that i have given such a low rating are the three that you would expect to be able to deal with that sort of pressure. When you consider the fact that Harte has played in the champions league and accomplished so much in his career. Griffin has played in the prem...most notably for Newcastle infront of 50,000 people week in, week out. Zurab has played in the prem for blackburn, captained his country (albeit Georgia). It's really quite disappointing. Maybe I would be more understanding if somebody like Karacan who has very little big game experience had put in such a terrible performance.

But for those three players, all with bags of experience to put in such poor performances was a huge letdown. Im sure they will all be kicking themselves about it...but they would have been the players you would have expected to step up and put in a respectable performance.

But we also make the assumption it gets easier and less intimidating with time

I'm not sure that's right

Also how many of those games had at least 40 million in guaranteed cash on them which would turn on a defensive error from either side?

AR Royal

by AR Royal » 31 May 2011 02:00

Uke
AR Royal
Uke Agreed, but it's so easy to slam people with 3's etc.

But we also make the assumption it gets easier and less intimidating with time

I'm not sure that's right

Also how many of those games had at least 40 million in guaranteed cash on them which would turn on a defensive error from either side?

Whilst I can see where you are coming from, I still feel that those three would have been the players we should be able to rely on the most to not buckle under the pressure and put in a half decent performance. No hiding from the fact they had horrible games. Hence their ratings.

Maybe it's not how it should be but generally, teams look towards their more experienced players for a calm head and a steady performance in a big game where the stakes are high.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 31 May 2011 05:16

feds - 5
griffin - 5
mills - 7
zurab - 5
harte - 4
karacan - 6
leigertwood - 5
mcanuff - 6
kebe - 7
long - 5
hunt - 6

Our MotM was Mills

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 31 May 2011 06:47

MotM was definitely Mills for me. Aside from the full backs who didn't have their best professional footballing days, I thought Karacan was our weak link! Sure, he ran his balls off, but whenever he got the ball he lost it or didn't have the skill or vision to do anything with it. OK, he hit the post, he put himself in a good position there, but I guess I saw a different Karacan than some of you that rated him highly. (Whether we need something different in Centre Midfield than two very similar types is another discussion.)

I think the worst thing, looking back, was that we knew that Swansea's threat was on the flanks but we didn't nullify that at all.

I know that all sounds really negative, but the boys DID play well in the second half, I was proud of their effort but when you play against 12 men it's pretty hard to win any game.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 31 May 2011 07:14

10/10 for getting us a day at the new wembley having missed out on two FA cup semi finals in last the last two seasons.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 31 May 2011 09:43

Feds - 3
Griffin - 2
Mills - 6
Kish - 2
Harte - 3
Karacan - 8
Leigertwood - 7
McAnuff - 6
Kebe - 5
Long - 4
Hunt - 5

HRK - 2
Church - 6

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 31 May 2011 09:47

Not going to rate individual players, will just make a couple of quick observations :

Karacan was my MOTM, head and shoulders better than Leighterwood. Did all the running, with some super surges forward from midfield. Leighterwood not terribly impressive - is it the old "got a permanent move can switch off a bit now...."?

Collectively we lost discipline in the first half - too busy thinking about Dowd's decisions and not concentrating enough about the game at times, and that's where we were caught out. Sheer lack of mental discipline - and it was the older, more experienced players rather than the kids, too....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 31 May 2011 09:53

Agree with Dirk. Karacan was outstanding yesterday and far more impressive than Leigertwood. We need to ensure he stays next season as I can see teams being interested in him.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 31 May 2011 09:57

Interesting because I thought Jem had a bit of a stinker. There were a few too many misplaced passes in the middle.

I feel for Zurab because he's been immense since he got back into the side. I guess we won't see him again which is a shame.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 31 May 2011 11:54

Svlad Cjelli Not going to rate individual players, will just make a couple of quick observations :

Karacan was my MOTM, head and shoulders better than Leighterwood. Did all the running, with some super surges forward from midfield. Leighterwood not terribly impressive - is it the old "got a permanent move can switch off a bit now...."?

Collectively we lost discipline in the first half - too busy thinking about Dowd's decisions and not concentrating enough about the game at times, and that's where we were caught out. Sheer lack of mental discipline - and it was the older, more experienced players rather than the kids, too....

I agree with your assessment of Karacan. He was at the heart of everything we did and was driving forward - can't see where anyone could criticise him.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Leigertwood though - it wasn't his best performance agreed but you could see he was trying his hardest.

Remember we were effectively playing against Barcelona (if you believe the hype)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 31 May 2011 11:56

I'm still waiting for someone to post the player ratings for Swansea......

Anyway,

Feds - 5
Griffin - 4
Mills - 7
Kish - 3
Harte - 4
Karacan - 6
Leigertwood - 6
McAnuff - 6
Kebe - 6
Long - 5
Hunt - 6

HRK - 5
Church - 5

Only Mills in my opinion played to a level we expect from them. Most of the others only played in parts and that is not acceptable.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 31 May 2011 11:58, edited 1 time in total.

by If you still hate Futcher » 31 May 2011 11:56

lol

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 31 May 2011 12:01

A-Fed 4
Griffin 4
Mills 8
Kish 3
Harte 4
McAnuff 6
Karacan 8
Leigertwood 6
Kebe 7
Long 5
Hunt 6

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2011 12:02

De Vries - 7
RB - 8
LB - 7
CB1 - 8
CB2 - 8
M1 - 6
M2 - 6
Borini - 7
SInclair - 9
Dyer - 7
Dobbie - 7

Happy Wycombe> don't have time to look up all the names and positions

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 31 May 2011 12:04

Svlad Cjelli Not going to rate individual players, will just make a couple of quick observations :

I agree with your assessment of Karacan. He was at the heart of everything we did and was driving forward - can't see where anyone could criticise him.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Leigertwood though - it wasn't his best performance agreed but you could see he was trying his hardest.

Remember we were effectively playing against Barcelona (if you believe the hype)

Fair enough - but if I was out there I'd have tried my hardest - doesn't mean I'd have got any more than 0/10 though.

by If you still hate Futcher » 31 May 2011 12:08

Svlad Cjelli

Karacan was my MOTM, head and shoulders better than Leighterwood. Did all the running, with some super surges forward from midfield. Leighterwood not terribly impressive - "is it the old "got a permanent move can switch off a bit now...."?

Fair enough - but if I was out there I'd have tried my hardest - doesn't mean I'd have got any more than 0/10 though.

I wasn't trying to rate him - it was the "is it the old "got a permanent move can switch off a bit now" that I disagreed with