Zingarevich Out!!!

186 posts
Caskeys Lovechild

Re: Zingarevich Out!!!

by Caskeys Lovechild » 12 Mar 2013 01:12

Cureton's Volley I don't give a toss about the other spivs on here trying to be flavour of the month (didn't hear ya when BM won MOTM) and chipping in with your jibes.

This was a shocking decision, if not for the intention, but the timing and the manner of it. Those who believe BM is culpable for us being in this position are right. WE ARE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

My god, if it wasn't for the fantastic efforts over previous seasons of a team operating under a man with no league management experience we would be nowhere. However, we are somewhere, and we are only going to get back here by continuing the success that we have experienced in (relatively) recent years. BM has experienced promotion from the championship, which is most unlikely in any successor, other than the one he beat to the title last season...

Anyone who expects any more than the miracles they have observed from RFC over the previous 8 years need to wind their necks in and remember who we are and where we have come from. Or alternatively if you can't deal with supporting your local club because they are not bling enough - Stamford Bridge is an hour away.

Utterly gobsmacked by the backwardness of our inbred fans, and disappointed we have Swindon fans on BBC Sport with +20 likes on their comments about how pathetic our club has become.

#laughingstock - and yes, I mean you. :evil: :evil: :evil:

TOP, TOP POST.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Mar 2013 01:13

Caskeys Lovechild
So no - we don't. We show respect and integrity to those who bring us success. This has not happened to Brian McDermott, and he has every right to be severely pissed off with it. As do I.

Brian is sitting at home with the wife counting his pay off and thinking, " I used to manage Slough, but we are doing Ok now"

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Mar 2013 01:21

Cureton's Volley I don't give a toss about the other spivs on here trying to be flavour of the month (didn't hear ya when BM won MOTM) and chipping in with your jibes.

This was a shocking decision, if not for the intention, but the timing and the manner of it. Those who believe BM is culpable for us being in this position are right. WE ARE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

My god, if it wasn't for the fantastic efforts over previous seasons of a team operating under a man with no league management experience we would be nowhere. However, we are somewhere, and we are only going to get back here by continuing the success that we have experienced in (relatively) recent years. BM has experienced promotion from the championship, which is most unlikely in any successor, other than the one he beat to the title last season...

Anyone who expects any more than the miracles they have observed from RFC over the previous 8 years need to wind their necks in and remember who we are and where we have come from. Or alternatively if you can't deal with supporting your local club because they are not bling enough - Stamford Bridge is an hour away.

Utterly gobsmacked by the backwardness of our inbred fans, and disappointed we have Swindon fans on BBC Sport with +20 likes on their comments about how pathetic our club has become.

#laughingstock - and yes, I mean you. :evil: :evil: :evil:

At what point would you admit enough was enough. Yes he got us promoted but from your post I imagine if you were Chairman you would allow a manager to lose 100 games in a row before intervening.

Yes we have been successful over the last eight years, but recently we acquired a new owner, and the club is evolving and hopefully growing. The only person going backwards is you, you are clearly not optimistic or even bothered about the club progressing. We had a good opportunity to grow as a club this season. Unfortunately we wasted this opportunity and McDermott was largely at fault for this.

I can deal with supporting my local club thanks. At the same time I want them to succeed and grow. If you're intent on supporting a Championship club then I suggest YOU go find a new team. Reading has a massive opportunity in the next few years to progress and if you cannot accept this then please go away, your small club mentality is holding us back.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 01:27

This club will never progress to anything other than a mid table Premier League side. That is as far as it can go so all this we need to grow rubbish is absolutely pointless. A small club having a big time mentality is just asking for trouble.

Btw You do not get to run onto a pitch celebrating mid table.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Mar 2013 01:33

sandman This club will never progress to anything other than a mid table Premier League side. That is as far as it can go so all this we need to grow rubbish is absolutely pointless.

You do not get to run onto a pitch celebrating mid table.

A recent poll on this board showed that Reading fans, by a large majority, would rather be in the Premiership than in the Championship. Whilst I agree, running on to the pitch as champions is a great feeling, it is slightly pointless if you do not fully attempt to stay up once you are up.

Seeing as a lot of people constantly go on about how we used to be so shit so now we should be grateful, do you not think that becoming a mid table Premier League is sufficient growth?

I'm not saying that we deserve to be in the Premiership because we are such a big club. I'm saying due to Zingarevich's finances we have the potential to grow from a small club into a medium sized club and stay at that level for the foreseeable future.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 12 Mar 2013 01:36, edited 1 time in total.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 12 Mar 2013 01:34

Maybe Anton got sick of the continuous inclusion of L,wood and McAnuff and the fact we've got spanked by every rival in the league!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 01:34

No it's fukking dull.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Mar 2013 01:38

Royal91 Maybe Anton got sick of the continuous inclusion of L,wood and McAnuff and the fact we've got spanked by every rival in the league!

Most fans pay around £25 per game to watch those two run around or in Leg's case stroll, imagine paying 25 million for the pleasure.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Mar 2013 01:38

I see the mongs are out in force again. No Anton = no promotion last season. Sandfairy can oxf*rd right off

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 01:39

Terminal Boardom I see the mongs are out in force again. No Anton = no promotion last season. Sandfairy can oxf*rd right off

Last edited by sandman on 12 Mar 2013 01:46, edited 3 times in total.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Mar 2013 01:40

72 bus
Caskeys Lovechild
So no - we don't. We show respect and integrity to those who bring us success. This has not happened to Brian McDermott, and he has every right to be severely pissed off with it. As do I.

Brian is sitting at home with the wife counting his pay off and thinking, " I used to manage Slough, but we are doing Ok now"

I doubt that very much. He will be devasted, after all he was with the club for such a long time it was his second home.

To suggest he will be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of his payoff is very dissrespectful. I have been of the opinion he should have gone in November and todays decision was correct although too late. I still, however, feel sad for him and can assure you Brian will be suffering more than anyone on here and should not be mocked for trying his best or his pat achievements.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Mar 2013 01:41

I file McD under the same as Jimmy and Mick

Got a bunch of lads enjoying the game and results came meaning the tactics and the team picked itself but when it came down to actually having to work a tough situation they/he struggled and the inexperience showed.

I firmly believe the main reason McD worked for us was due to him going back to the SSC style that seems to work in the 2nd tier but comes undone in the Premier.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Mar 2013 01:42

sandman No it's fukking dull.

Losing every week is dull. If the board and management had invested and acted like we wanted to stay in the Premiership, we would've been able to compete most weeks, not just attempting to hold on until the last minute and nick a win.

Can you honestly say that our first season in the Prem when we finished 8th was dull? That is what the club should be aiming for, whether we are likely of getting there again is another matter.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 12 Mar 2013 01:43

This thread really needs to die a quick death, but let me just say there's some serious overreaction here (and I don't just mean sandwum).

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Mar 2013 01:47

Ideal
P!ssed Off recently we acquired a new owner, and the club is evolving and hopefully growing. The only person going backwards is you, you are clearly not optimistic or even bothered about the club progressing. We had a good opportunity to grow as a club this season. Unfortunately we wasted this opportunity and McDermott was largely at fault for this.

Are you on crack? We didn't "acquire a new owner", he bought the club, it's his little plaything. Secondly, if the end result of sacking McDermott is that we get saddled with some useless turd like Terry Connor or Dean Holdsworth, then yes the club WILL have made a serious step backwards - we'd be set back 10 years and could risk dropping into league one.

You talk about "we wasted this opportunity" and "McDermott was at fault", Jesus Christ! We all knew that with the squad we had we would get MASSACRED! The fact that we have what 24 points speaks of a ENORMOUS OVERACHIEVEMENT with the lot of polished turds we have playing for us!!!!!!
Any other manager and we would be setting a new record of shame, easily beating Derby's record by a huge margin.

It is interesting that you use the term "was at fault", let's talk about who is at fault for making these JOKE DERISORY PRETEND OFFERS for luxury players, bids that were NEVER going to succeed, and then SPREADING them about to the media, IT WAS ALL FAKE TO APPEASE THE FANS!!!!!
WHO IS AT FAULT FOR THAT?
AZ AT FAULT => NO MONEY AVAILABLE

No fcuking money available and you expect sexy football! What a fcuking joke!!!

We spent 2.5 million quid on Chris Gunter!!!! WTF

Whilst we should have spent more, the money that was spent was misspent.

What do you judge a manager on?
Tactics? Team selection? Substitutions? Transfers? Team Morale? Man Management? Which of these categories do you think McDermott was successful in.
I'm sorry but it is clear to the vast majority of fans, if not you, that McDermott under performed in his role as manager this season.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Mar 2013 01:49

Big Ern I doubt that very much. He will be devasted,

No... really, you do not become a football manager if being sacked might "devastate" you.
If he is really sat there devastated then he needs to find another profession quickly.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Mar 2013 01:51

Finishing 8th was new and exciting if it happened every year it would be dull. In fact you have actually just reinforced my point, we had that season and there was nothing at the end of it. What prize did we get for finishing 8th?

If you're happy bashing your head against a glass ceiling that we'll never break through then fine but if it does ever happen don't say I didn't warn you about the tedium.

Don't know why I'm engaging you in an argument. Yep the thread was a pis5 take and some of you have fallen for it so cheers for that and good night.
Last edited by sandman on 12 Mar 2013 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

yuomi

by yuomi » 12 Mar 2013 01:59

72 bus
Big Ern I doubt that very much. He will be devasted,

No... really, you do not become a football manager if being sacked might "devastate" you.
If he is really sat there devastated then he needs to find another profession quickly.

your naivete, insensitivity and lack of gratitude is astounding

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 12 Mar 2013 02:03

I can't stand this argument of 'who we are where we've come from'. Its bullshit.

We are here now and we need to make the most of it. This small club mentality of pushing above our weight is doing my head in.

Just because the club has not played in the top flight for the majority of its life, doesn't mean its acceptable accept relegation and berate anyone who wants to go beyond a premier league relegation favourite.

This club certainly has the potential to be an established PL club.

The problem is we as a club don't believe we should be in the PL

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Mar 2013 02:09

I think everybody should put their handbags down and have a cup tea to calm down .

186 posts