RFC vs Derby - Result papers over some very serious cracks

185 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Oct 2007 18:05

Denver Royal
Jeffers217 Derby were better than us today

And thats who we now compare ourselves to...the bottom club and by far the worst team in this division...Derby. The Pompey's of this world are now out of our reach, apparantly. We can't compete.

Ian, do you disagree?

Mate I'm sorry we are a small team - we did great last year but this was always going to be a difficult year. And yes we do have to compare ourselves to teams like Derby. As long as we win our home games against the likes of Wigan, Derby, Sunderland, Boro, Birmingham and Bolton and get a couple of away wins we should be fine.

Gunnarsson is clearly the weak link - Coppell simply has to play Fae - or he could play Hunt in the middle with Harper and Convey on the left. Hunt can tackle and push us forward.

Oh and AP I think Rosenior has been a good signing - sure doesn't have much skill but he makes up for it with effort...
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 07 Oct 2007 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Cemy Junction Expat

by Cemy Junction Expat » 07 Oct 2007 18:05

Daniella Derby were the worst side i've seen play at the madejski the last 3 years .

(sings)

"where we you on, where were you on, where were you on new years day"

:wink:

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 07 Oct 2007 18:06

Cry and laugh

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Oct 2007 18:07

mzungu_royal Cry and laugh
Done.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Oct 2007 18:07

Archie's penalty
Denver Royal

And thats who we now compare ourselves to...the bottom club and by far the worst team in this division...Derby. The Pompey's of this world are now out of our reach, apparantly. We can't compete.

Ian, do you disagree?

Mate I'm sorry we are a small team - we did great last year but this was always going to be a difficult year. And yes we do have to compare ourselves to teams like Derby. As long as we win our home games against the likes of Wigan, Derby, Sunderland, Boro, Birmingham and Bolton and get a couple of away wins we should be fine.

Gunnarsson is clearly the weak link - Coppell simply has to play Fae - or he could play Hunt in the middle with Harper and Convey on the left. Hunt can tackle and push us forward.

Oh and AP I think Rosenior has been a good signing - sure he has not skill but he makes up fo it with effort...

I hope you are bing sarcastic with your reasoning behind that!!

Today was the first time i've seen him play live and he didn't do anything. That may well be because he's out of position but so far in the highlights i've seen and today, jury is out. Would prefer Seol out there tbh!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2007 18:08

Denver Royal

Ian, do you disagree?

Pompey will be in and around 12th or higher. I think we need to compete with the Fulham, Wigan, Brum , Sunderland and Boro's of the division. I think we're beyond the Derbys and Boltons right now. Although a certain 3-0 may have something to say about that.

IMO Pompey are a team competing for a top half slot maybe pushing Europe. After one season we're just not ready to push for that every season. If we have a flier yes we're capable of it. But you can't overachieve every season.

I also disagree that Derby were the better side. We could be playing still next week and they wouldn't have forced Marcus into a save.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Oct 2007 18:10

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
Denver Royal

Ian, do you disagree?

Oh and AP I think Rosenior has been a good signing - sure he has not skill but he makes up fo it with effort...

Today was the first time i've seen him play live and he didn't do anything. That may well be because he's out of position but so far in the highlights i've seen and today, jury is out. Would prefer Seol out there tbh!

Hmm well I'd say that the games I've seen Rosenior in (Sunderland away and this one + the highlights against Wigan) he seems to be doing pretty well. I like him - he's hungry and really wants to give his all for the team...

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Oct 2007 18:12

Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
Denver Royal

Ian, do you disagree?

Not convinced by Rosenoir playing right midfield...he put one good cross in but not much more. What happens when Convey is fit? Does SC bring him into the side. I would hope so...but where? Right or left? If he plays on the right (which I think he will because Hunt is unlikely to be dropped) what happens to Rosenoir? Does he drop Murty and play Rosenior in his more accustomed right back role. So far I feel Rosenoir has been a little disappointing...

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Oct 2007 18:15

PEARCEY
Alan Partridge
Archie's penalty
Denver Royal

Ian, do you disagree?

Not convinced by Rosenoir playing right midfield...he put one good cross in but not much more. What happens when Convey is fit? Does SC bring him into the side. I would hope so...but where? Right or left? If he plays on the right (which I think he will because Hunt is unlikely to be dropped) what happens to Rosenoir? Does he drop Murty and play Rosenior in his more accustomed right back role. So far I feel Rosenoir has been a little disappointing...

Does anyone think that Hunt could play central midfield alongside Harper? Then we could play Convey on the left and drop Gunnarsson...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Oct 2007 18:15

If Fae isn't ready (and from the little I've seen of him I don't think he is) then I would far rather see Hunt in central midfield with Convey out left and Gunnarsson benched.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2007 18:15

I don't think Rosenior hasn't done badly considering he's clearly a right back not a right winger. I think Oster would bring more to our attack, though he tends to make some silly mistakes.

I think Convey is the best option on the right at the moment. Hunt's bustle can really help and they should be able to swap with ease and cause defences problems that way.

Not sure who I'd play at right back though, especially now Murty put in a better performance.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 07 Oct 2007 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Oct 2007 18:16

Aha! Great minds....!! :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2007 18:18

Royal Rother Aha! Great minds....!! :lol:

I also agree it's a pretty good possibility. I'd keep Gunnarsson for the bench, he seems to work well as a supersub.

I'd jst be concerned that an Oster & Convey wing partnership could be a bit lightweight on the defensive side.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Oct 2007 18:20

Ian Royal
Royal Rother Aha! Great minds....!! :lol:

I also agree it's a pretty good possibility. I'd keep Gunnarsson for the bench, he seems to work well as a supersub.

I'd jst be concerned that an Oster & Convey wing partnership could be a bit lightweight on the defensive side.

But then you could keep Rosenior in there for a while (as Murty obviously was better today) and bring Oster on when the need arose. I think that Hunty in the middle would really put the cat amongst the pidgeons...

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Oct 2007 18:21

Ian Royal I don't think Rosenior hasn't done badly considering he's clearly a right back not a right winger. I think Oster would bring more to our attack, though he tends to make some silly mistakes.

I think Convey is the best option on the right at the moment. Hunt's bustle can really help and they should be able to swap with ease and cause defences problems that way.

Not sure who I'd play at right back though, especially now Murty put in a better performance.

Agreed but will SC want to start with Convey? Does not look like it. I would like to see Hunt and Convey on the flanks but it does not resolve the central midfield partner for Harper..it remains a big problem.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Oct 2007 18:23

PEARCEY
Ian Royal I don't think Rosenior hasn't done badly considering he's clearly a right back not a right winger. I think Oster would bring more to our attack, though he tends to make some silly mistakes.

Agreed but will SC want to start with Convey? Does not look like it. I would like to see Hunt and Convey on the flanks but it does not resolve the central midfield partner for Harper..it remains a big problem.

Steven Hunt, Hunt, Hunt!!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2007 18:23

PEARCEY

No I can't see Convey walking back into the starting line up in the next game, unless it's to replace Hunt who has moved infield.

I can't see Murty losing his place and I think Oster may have to suffer another entrance from the bench. Think Gunnar could be much better used as a sub, but I'm not sure Coppell fancies Hunt/Oster/Fae with our current fragility.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Oct 2007 18:25

Archie's penalty
PEARCEY

Possibly Archie....so you would play Convey on the left and Rosenoir on the right?? Might work...certainly Hunt would offer far more energy in midfield than Gunnar but then again so would a one legged tortoise suffering with a hangover

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Oct 2007 18:27

PEARCEY
Archie's penalty
PEARCEY

Possibly Archie....so you would play Convey on the left and Rosenoir on the right?? Might work...certainly Hunt would offer far more energy in midfield than Gunnar but then again so would a one legged tortoise suffering with a hangover

Yeah that's what I would do for the moment. Having said that Gunnar will start in the next match of course...
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 07 Oct 2007 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Oct 2007 18:27

12th in the table - get in!! Enjoy!!

185 posts