Rosenior

168 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rosenior

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2009 20:10

floyd__streete
andrew1957 He may have been poor at times but always gave 100%. Attitude good - ability variable. Still deserves a clap in my book.

He deserves the clap.

Shurrit Floydie.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 02 Nov 2009 20:18

Royalee I can't wait to see McAnuff rip him to shreds. A good bet would be Rosenior to be sent off.

+1

Maguire Strikes me as stupendously dumb, unless there's a good reason behind it.

Maybe it was the only way we could get shot of his wages?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Nov 2009 20:25

floyd__streete
andrew1957 He may have been poor at times but always gave 100%. Attitude good - ability variable. Still deserves a clap in my book.

He deserves the clap.

:lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Nov 2009 20:31

It was supposed to be a permanent deal but that fell through so the loan deal was agreed (it is a permanent move in all but name as he is never going to play us again).

Why would we demand a clause in the deal that may have scuppered it?

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 02 Nov 2009 21:19

LoyalRoyalFan Still bemused at why we decided to let him go.

£££££££££££££££££££

WR has it spot on, we were trying to get rid of him on perm deal so what difference does it make if he can play against us or not, if all had gone according to the clubs plan he would have played anyway as he would have been their player not ours

Better to let them have him and get some money + remove him from the wage bill than worry about him playing against us

Cookie

by Cookie » 02 Nov 2009 22:37

LoyalRoyalFan Still bemused at why we decided to let him go.

I agree. I thought they all had "Championship wage" clauses in their contracts. Perhaps he refused the lower wage.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Nov 2009 23:30

We let him go because he's a not very good idiot.

Simples.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 03 Nov 2009 01:13

Would be nice to know the ins and outs of the Harper deal as it was done at the same time.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2009 08:55

Because JM said "I don't care if he is the only right back we've got, he earns too much so get him out"

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Nov 2009 09:26

Barry the bird boggler Because JM said "I don't care if he is the only right back we've got, he earns too much so get him out"

JM also said: 'We can sign Cummings instead - he's good enough for League 1'

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Nov 2009 10:06

I normally pretty much poopoo Floyd's rants but he has it spot on here. Rosenior never did anything for us, my sole memory of him is when the rest of ther team tried to play passing football he was never afraid to just put his foot through it and hoof it away. him playing on saturday is a definite bonus for us

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Nov 2009 12:07

He won't have the ass hole to play. I reckon some one might feel a liitle twinge on the coach friday afternoon.

Tabb>>>Rosenior

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Nov 2009 13:53

Silver Fox I normally pretty much poopoo Floyd's rants

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from HNA, it is never ignore a poo-poo. I knew a poster who got poo-pooed, made the mistake of ignoring the poo-poo. He poo-pooed it. Fatal error! Turned out all along that the poster who had poo-pooed him had been poo-pooing a lot of other posters who poo-pooed their poo-poos. In the end we had to disband the message board. Threads totally ruined.....by poo-poo.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Nov 2009 13:59

Silver Fox I normally pretty much poopoo Floyd's rants but he has it spot on here. Rosenior never did anything for us, my sole memory of him is when the rest of ther team tried to play passing football he was never afraid to just put his foot through it and hoof it away. him playing on saturday is a definite bonus for us

Disagree. If he's their first choice right back then clearly whoever is next in line is even more bobbins. It's never a good thing for your oppostion to be able to pick their best players

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Nov 2009 14:06

Maguire
Silver Fox I normally pretty much poopoo Floyd's rants but he has it spot on here. Rosenior never did anything for us, my sole memory of him is when the rest of ther team tried to play passing football he was never afraid to just put his foot through it and hoof it away. him playing on saturday is a definite bonus for us

Disagree. If he's their first choice right back then clearly whoever is next in line is even more bobbins. It's never a good thing for your oppostion to be able to pick their best players

There's an added benefit that their second choice players won't bring. Rosie will obviously be so motivated and wound up trying to prove something back here, with his dodgy temprament he's much more likely to get sent off.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Nov 2009 14:13

SteveRoyal
Royalee I can't wait to see McAnuff rip him to shreds. A good bet would be Rosenior to be sent off.

+1

Maguire Strikes me as stupendously dumb, unless there's a good reason behind it.

Maybe it was the only way we could get shot of his wages?

And his unsettling attitude.

Rosenior is a right back, so he's unlikely to come into contact with McAnuff... Is Kebe fit? He'll make Rosenior look like Glen Johnson on acid.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Nov 2009 14:14

Both Sigurdsson and McAnuff can cross a football, so they're likely to cause Rosenior problems as he's totally incapable of blocking them.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Nov 2009 14:18

Dirk Gently
Maguire

There's an added benefit that their second choice players won't bring. Rosie will obviously be so motivated and wound up trying to prove something back here, with his dodgy temprament he's much more likely to get sent off.

That's a bit of a Panini-album view of football though isn't it? I don't he'll be "much more likely to get sent off at all". Not compared to a less capable full-back who will get to tackles more slowly or get caught out of position more. It's not like Rosenior's going to get hulk rage and karate kick Kebe into the East Stand.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Nov 2009 14:18

Royalee Both Sigurdsson and McAnuff can cross a football, so they're likely to cause Rosenior problems as he's totally incapable of blocking them.

McAnuff is a right winger though. Are we hopeful he'll play on the left then?

And it's all very well crossing a ball, but beating your man repeatedly? :?

Ojc

by Ojc » 03 Nov 2009 14:32

Since joining us Rosenior has been decent, his attacking play linking up with Carlos Edwards has been superb. Shame the forwards can't hit a barn door.

168 posts