Kebe Vs Gilkes

Bucks Dave

Re: Kebe Vs Gilkes

by Bucks Dave » 06 Nov 2009 16:08

Players are fitter now than in Gilkes's day. Relative to other players of his time, Gilkes was faster than Kebe - in other words he could outrun full backs of his time better.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 06 Nov 2009 16:14

Sun Tzu Kebe (frustratingly) hardly ever does that. He tries the more difficult route of keeping the ball at his feet and trying to take it round / through / past defenders.

Probably watching Little do this, who is the master at keeping the ball at his feet and completely ruining the defenders day.

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 06 Nov 2009 16:14

statto Who would win a race between the two? I remember Gilkes being well fast and obviously Jim is well fast, but who do you reckon is faster?

Kebe would win because Gilkes must be 45 if he's a day.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Nov 2009 16:17

Terminal Boardom
brendywendy
strap Oh for oxf*rd's sake!!!

Gilkesy came third in the Rumbleows sprint challenge held before a LC Final years ago.

Kebe has trouble standing up.

woo oxf*rd hoo

3rd?!

maybe if they had another sprint challenge, youd have some sort of reference, otherwise your just spouting kebe hatred

Let me spell it out for you you brainless mongtard. Kebe is shit. He is nowhere near as good as Gilkes was. In fact Gilkes on a bad day was a million times better than that useless streak of piss on his best day.

Now crawl back under the rock from whence you came.

HTH

u derr brain

the question is who would win in a race, not who is the better footballer, i already said gilkes has marginally the better end product

u joey

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 06 Nov 2009 16:18

Terminal Boardom
brendywendy
strap Oh for oxf*rd's sake!!!

Gilkesy came third in the Rumbleows sprint challenge held before a LC Final years ago.

Kebe has trouble standing up.

woo oxf*rd hoo

3rd?!

maybe if they had another sprint challenge, youd have some sort of reference, otherwise your just spouting kebe hatred

Let me spell it out for you you brainless mongtard. Kebe is shit. He is nowhere near as good as Gilkes was. In fact Gilkes on a bad day was a million times better than that useless streak of piss on his best day.

Now crawl back under the rock from whence you came.

HTH

I think you cannot read...retard

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Nov 2009 16:22

I am yet to see Kebe skin a full back. Der brain back to all of you mongs!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Nov 2009 16:27

If Kebe was playing against the sort of full backs Gilkes did he'd prob have a lot more success.

There were not too many attacking, athletic full backs in the lower leagues when Gilkes was at his prime. Kebe's short coming are exposed more in the modern games, cause he can't just run past players.

How we ever signed Kebe is beyond me, I do think if he'd been playing 15 yrs ago he may have had more of an impact....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Nov 2009 16:28

Terminal Boardom I am yet to see Kebe skin a full back. Der brain back to all of you mongs!

stop staring at the away fans then
ive seen him skin millions

hes like the davey crocket of wingers

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Nov 2009 16:34

brendywendy
Terminal Boardom I am yet to see Kebe skin a full back. Der brain back to all of you mongs!

stop staring at the away fans then
ive seen him skin millions

hes like the davey crocket of wingers

WTF is that all about?

Kebe is an anorexic Mass Sarr and that is about as positive as I will ever be about him.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Nov 2009 16:44

davey crocket skinned things for a living.................. :oops:

lol at anorexic mass sarr :lol:

gnight

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Nov 2009 17:31

statto Who would win a race between the two? I remember Gilkes being well fast and obviously Jim is well fast, but who do you reckon is faster?

On current form, I'd say Kebe.... on historical form I think you need to add one or two others, if only to liven the race up.

Gilkes
Kebe
Long (at his ideal running weight)
Forster
S Hunt (although he would run round in circles)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Nov 2009 23:55

I think Gilkes was faster, but Kebe can run faster with the ball keeping it under much closer control than Gilkes could.

Please bare in mind I never got to see Gilkes at his best, just during his run it off the end of the pitch or cross into the crowd days.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 08 Nov 2009 00:31

brendywendy hes like the davey crocket of wingers

Last man standing as the Alamo is destroyed around him?

I think Kebe's main crime is just in raising our hopes unnecessarily. If he never tried anything he'd just be called anonymous, but as he tries and often fails he gets called shit.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Nov 2009 16:40

But who's best? There's only one way to find out...

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 11 Nov 2009 09:32

Being Glen Little >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being as fast as Kebe or Gilkes.

There's no prizes fro being the quickest to welly the ball into the corner flag.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 11 Nov 2009 09:33

donface Being Glen Little >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being as fast as Kebe or Gilkes.

+1

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 11 Nov 2009 09:37

Pseud O'Nym
brendywendy hes like the davey crocket of wingers

Last man standing as the Alamo is destroyed around him?

I think Kebe's main crime is just in raising our hopes unnecessarily. If he never tried anything he'd just be called anonymous, but as he tries and often fails he gets called shit.

Sometimes I wish he didn't have the potential to be unplayable on his day. When he's good, he's too good for this level and will shred defences by himself. It only makes the 90% of games where he's a pile of toss even more infuriating.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 11 Nov 2009 09:52

When do you ever run 100m on a football pitch? Gilkes was miles ahead after 50m in the sprint challenge.

Gilkes was infinitely quicker than Kebe on a football field, i remember almost bursting into tears whenever Gilkes was put at left back. If you want to see him at his quickest get yer Simod Cup videos out, and fast forward to after our 2nd goal when he makes a diagnal run across the pitch, rounds the keeper, loses his boot, and disgracefully pea rolls it into the side netting.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 11 Nov 2009 10:01

Was always a major fan of Gilkes but he had most of his success against 3rd and 4th division defenders.

Kebe's failings are a lack of self belief and a need to be more clinical with his final pass.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Nov 2009 10:15

Ian Royal I think Gilkes was faster, but Kebe can run faster with the ball keeping it under much closer control than Gilkes could.

Please bare in mind I never got to see Gilkes at his best, just during his run it off the end of the pitch or cross into the crowd days.

1st comment spot on, as for the 2nd comment, that's how he was in the majority of games.

Thing is with Gilkes he might have 6 storming runs in a game, 4 of which ended up with a crap cross or a run-off but we forgave him because the sense of excitement when he did get the ball was so great. For those 5 or 6 seconds he was sprinting down the wing we could all shout and scream at the top of our voices, something which, for much of the time Gilkes was with us, there was little reason to do.

He became a better footballer as the years went on but he rarely had the ball under close control.