Long - Time to go.

2027 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Long - Time to go.

by Snowball » 01 Dec 2010 10:49

Svlad Cjelli
Snowball
Wycombe Royal Congratulations Snowball. I think 7 posts in a row is a new record.

I can't win. If I DON'T answer, someone like cmonurz says I'm ducking.

If I DO answer, then...

I'd advise you to give up then, and let us have our forum back.

If this thread bores you, don't read it. (Waits for the stock, knee-jerk reply)

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 01 Dec 2010 10:56

Snowball If this thread bores you, don't read it. (Waits for the stock, knee-jerk reply)

I agree totally with Snowball.

It's like people moaning about shit programmes on the TV. Change the cannel if you don't like it.

I fundamentally disagree with most of Snowballs assertions but if you don't like it, stick him on your ignore list.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Dec 2010 10:58

Wycombe Royal
Snowball Of the 10 late goals for RFC, 5 have been scored by subs, but that is hardly surprising since usually they are on REPLACING other strikers.

Thank you. That confirms what I thought.

We mustn't, though, forget the obvious.

We don't know that those coming off would not have scored those goals, and we must remember how much easier
it is coming on for 10-25 minutes - you hardly need to pace yourself. Not only is the opposition trying to hang on
but you have energy to burn.

It would be great if Pro-zone could show how much distance players cover and at what speed, in the last quarter

I'm not defending Shane 2005-09, or knocking Church 2010 but surely anyone can see
that we really go for three in the last 25 minutes or so, whereas our opponents seem
to batten down the hatches and hang on?

I suspect that if Church played 70 followed by Long playing 20 the results would be similar

My one worry is that Shane is used to wear down sides and is better at that than Church, who is a bit "nice" for that job.

I re-watched Shane v Ireland. He's quite good at accidentally bumping into players off the ball etc. I suspect opposition
defenders HATE the bloke. What he does for the team may not be pretty-like-Gylfi, but it's part of the game like forwards
in rugby grind down the opposition and the backs score the falshy tries

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 Dec 2010 11:56

For once I can't argue with much of that :wink:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Dec 2010 12:07

Snowball
BECAUSE, Dearest, this run this season is extreme and distorts the truth.

How does including this season's statistics, which represent Long's current ability as a player, 'distort the truth'? The reality is the Shane Long in the side now, to exclude this season's stats is incorrect.

You spent most of this thread showing us how Long has 'improved' and now you want to exclude this season's performances. :lol:

specialjon

by specialjon » 01 Dec 2010 12:08

Snowball we must remember how much easier it is coming on for 10-25 minutes - you hardly need to pace yourself.

You ever played football at a decent level? If so, you'd know that even though you don't need to pace yourself, it can be hard to get into the game and get the games tempo if you come on at the end. Some of the time players come on for the last 10-25 mins and change a game but some of the time they come on and struggle to get involved and you think the manager should've kept the substituted player on.

I do see your point but it's not as black and white as you make out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Dec 2010 12:28

Wycombe Royal Congratulations Snowball. I think 7 posts in a row is a new record.

Nope he made 9 (NINE) on a thread a while back where I reported him for spamming the thread.

I've got him on ignore so his posts don't take up my screen... doesn't really work when he goes spamball though.

2027 posts