Royals @ Charlton Match Thread

321 posts
2.8 lita injection

Re: Royals @ Charlton Match Thread

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Aug 2008 14:53

I can accept some things but the long ball shite is a joke, everytime someone gets the ball they hoof it anywhere. :x

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2008 14:54

He's gone for a bit. What is there to be optimistic about though?

If the club had stated at the end of last season that we wouldn't be able to spend much money this season, that the money we got for players we sold would not be able to be used to strengthen the squad, we wouldn't have high expectations. It's when we, the fans, are constantly lied to and treated like thick fukcers by this club that I get wound up by it all - and anyone who can't see past the rhetoric and spin and who haven't realised by now that we won't have as strong a team as the last time we were in the Championship, must be seriously deluded.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Aug 2008 14:54

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Hopefully Sonkos ban will strech to the end of his contract. Embarassing is a compliment on that showing.

True enough, but then where would the goals come from? :|

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Aug 2008 14:55

The players who didn't start that I'd have in (included injured)

Murty
Duberry
Bikey
Hunt N
Mooney
Marek
Pearce
New signing. :wink:

OK?
Last edited by Gordons Cumming on 23 Aug 2008 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2008 14:55

Eh? Sonko was one of our better players out there today.

g

by g » 23 Aug 2008 14:56

Only a club with no sense of respect would have kept Sonko on the books after his comments. The fact that it was cheaper keeping them than trying to find an adequate replacement says it all. Reading on the cheap.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 23 Aug 2008 14:56

Why is sonko getting slaughtered, Hahnneman & rosenior were at fault for 3 of the goals ?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Aug 2008 14:57

g Only a club with no sense of respect would have kept Sonko on the books after his comments. The fact that it was cheaper keeping them than trying to find an adequate replacement says it all. Reading on the cheap.

we would not have needed a replacement, we have Ingimarsson (shite), Duberry, Bikey, Pearce and even Gunnarsson when fit. Saying that, he has had a decent start to the season and does not deserve critisism.
Last edited by Focher on 23 Aug 2008 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 23 Aug 2008 14:57

g Only a club with no sense of respect would have kept Sonko on the books after his comments.

What utter tripe.

jumpers for goalposts

by jumpers for goalposts » 23 Aug 2008 14:58

Absolutely shocking today. Most of my anger is directed towards the back 4, who look like they've never played together before. Sonks and Ivar were awful, getting bullied by Varney. Poor clearances, no composure and dreadful marking. Sonks needs to remember that whilst his goals are great, first and foremost he is a defender. Red card was also utterly unecessary, a stupid challenge that he could never have won. On the plus side, Pearce now has his chance to shine in his absense.

Rosenior stills looks poor defensively. Awful marking for their 4th goal. Hunt I can excuse as he is so obviosuly not a natural left back.

Convey had a stinker. Poor touch, never beat his man and was a total passenger. Doyle equally as bad. No spark, no life and a terrible choice for the first penalty taker. Lita seemed to be back to his old ways of falling over alot, and his partnership with Doyle looks completely toothless.

The few positives: Good performance from Cisse, seems to be improving with every game. Shane Long again looks good off the bench, as did Noel Hunt. Kebe when he did have the ball also looked promising.

So not much seems to have changed since last season. We lack leaders on the pitch away from home, and the defense looks pathetic. Coppell and Downes, you have much to do if we harbour any ambitions of getting out of this division!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2008 14:58

Sonko was led astray by Fae I believe. He's been given a second chance and so far he's proved it was worth taking the gamble.

g

by g » 23 Aug 2008 14:58

Focher
g Only a club with no sense of respect would have kept Sonko on the books after his comments. The fact that it was cheaper keeping them than trying to find an adequate replacement says it all. Reading on the cheap.

we would not have needed a replacement, we have Ingimarsson (shite), Duberry, Bikey, Pearce and even Gunnarsson when fit. Saying that, he has had a decent start to the season and does not deserve critisism.

So we might aswell bring in Gary Glitter to left back then... aslong as he plays well

by 1960 » 23 Aug 2008 14:59

Charlton pressed us every time we had a throw close to their goal and we made nothing. So what do we do? We're still in the game at 3-2. Charlton have a throw near our end. One Charlton man free with TWO Reading defenders 10 yards off him. He gets the ball, then they challenge him, but by now the ball comes in. 4-2. When Reading never ever make anything from throw-ins, how come they don't realise that they can stop the other team by doing the same thing to them?

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 23 Aug 2008 15:00

3 games in and another load of shit from Harper! for effs sake get the arm waving, crab-passing tosspot out of the team and get someone in there that will actually do something positive!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Aug 2008 15:01

g
Focher

So we might aswell bring in Gary Glitter to left back then... aslong as he plays well

thats a very intelligent post. He made a mistake, has been given a 2nd chance, and had a good start to the season. Yes if he's playing well i would want him in the team, whatever he did last season. That goes for anybody in the squad.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2008 15:02

Gordons Cumming The players who didn't start that I'd have in (included injured)

Murty
Duberry
Bikey
Hunt N
Mooney
Marek
Pearce

OK?

no Harper then?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Aug 2008 15:05

Focher
thats a very intelligent post. He made a mistake, has been given a 2nd chance.

gary glitter?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 23 Aug 2008 15:08

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Aug 2008 15:08

Platypuss
Gordons Cumming The players who didn't start that I'd have in (included injured)

Murty
Duberry
Bikey
Hunt N
Mooney
Marek
Pearce

OK?

no Harper then?

I'm not saying they'd all start. :roll:

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 23 Aug 2008 15:11

Doyle was truly awful today as he has been for much of the past year. It's clear that either Long or N Hunt need to come into the team or maybe even both as they just looked so much more dynamic and sharp when coming on. I actually thought at times they managed to link up together as well.
I see Harper is getting a lot of stick today and it's partly justified but unlike Cisse, when he is in the possesion of the ball he rarely gives it away, something that Cisse does far too often. I'd agree that Harper tends to play a lot of square balls rather than making a forward pass but atleast we keep possesion rather than getting this back to front long ball shite which seems to becoming an unwanted, frequent inclusion into our playing style. It's far more important to retain the ball than give it away in a rushed hopeful ball, a problem that seems to be at pandemic throughout English football.
For all that Sonko has been impressive at the beginning of this season he still makes so many stupid decisions. It's only his physique that gets him by because to be honest, I don't think there is much in the way of intelligence going on upstairs judging by the amount of rash decisions which he makes. His sending off may infact be a blessing as young Alex Pearce steps into the side. From today's short cameo, he looked to keep the ball on the floor and tried to find a midfielder to offload the ball to. A ball playing centre half is something we have been crying out for and if Pearce can fill this role, the tendancy to hit the long ball from the back may begin to disappear.
As already said many many times, a new lb is a must if we are to have any chance this season. Sadly I don't think we should expect much as our crippling frailties from past seasons still exist without being properly addressed with reasonable investment and I don't see why things will be any different this time.

321 posts