Who should we get? The generic 2012/13 speculation thread.

475 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: If we go up, who should we get?

by Franchise FC » 29 Apr 2012 15:30

Broxroyal Just to be pedantic - Brian did say " "I went to see a game, to watch a player but we won't take him".
He didn't say "we won't be signing anyone from that match".

And I raise you "We will not be signing Adam Le Fondre"

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 29 Apr 2012 17:29

Southampton linked to Zat Knight from Bolton. Would be available on a free. An experienced and solid Prem CB who has a couple of caps for England. Always rated him and we could do a lot worse.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 29 Apr 2012 19:16

I think we should try and get N'Doye.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 29 Apr 2012 21:11

Jamie Mackie.....if QPR go down

He's adapted well to the Prem and is still young.....

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 29 Apr 2012 21:12

Actually what about Misimovic if we can't get Gylfi? We have the financial muscle now.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 30 Apr 2012 09:14

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Apr 2012 09:28

Nice goal but rubbish goalkeeping - he didn't hit that with any pace, just lofted it into the top corner. How did the GK not see that one coming?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 30 Apr 2012 10:19

Friday's Legacy Mate of mine on twitter who I assume posts on here is confident we're close to agreeing a deal for Mariappa of Watford (CB). He turned down Wigan in Jan and there was interest from Newcastle.

Just another wait and see.

I'd be happy with that though. A typical Reading signing.

POTS at Watford this year.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Apr 2012 10:21

Big Ern Southampton linked to Zat Knight from Bolton. Would be available on a free. An experienced and solid Prem CB who has a couple of caps for England. Always rated him and we could do a lot worse.

No thanks

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Apr 2012 10:45

Mariappa gets my approval. :)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 30 Apr 2012 11:03

Ideal
winchester_royal Funny how people are writing off Ecklersey when they've never even seen him play...

We've been linked with this guy since before Christmas. Clearly there's something going on.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2077312/Reading-want-sign-Adam-Eckersley.html

And to those who knock him, I haven't seen him play, have you seen him play? Right then, let's reserve judgement until we actually have.

Excuse me but doesn't Eckersely play for Aarhus still? And wasn't Heston scouting an Aarhus game last Monday....

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 30 Apr 2012 11:05

loyalroyal4life
Big Ern Southampton linked to Zat Knight from Bolton. Would be available on a free. An experienced and solid Prem CB who has a couple of caps for England. Always rated him and we could do a lot worse.

No thanks

I hope they get him and keep their eyes off our targets. Knight is not good enough for the Premiership. He was found out at Fulham and somehow Bolton took a chance on him where he again has been very inconsistent and very clumsy. If Saints think he's worth taking then good luck to them; that gives us another cracking chance of 6 points next season.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 30 Apr 2012 11:08

winchester_royal Funny how people are writing off Ecklersey when they've never even seen him play...

I think the fact port vale didn't think he was upto it might have something to do with it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Apr 2012 11:20

FiNeRaIn

I think the fact port vale didn't think he was upto it might have something to do with it.

You're so wrong with that statement it's untrue :lol:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Apr 2012 12:53

AM is a bit short as a CB isn't it? Is he at least quick?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 30 Apr 2012 12:59

winchester_royal
FiNeRaIn

You're so wrong with that statement it's untrue :lol:

well, he left there when his contract expired after being relegated. He then joined a Danish team ffs :roll: Wouldn't you possibly think if he had set the world alight a championship club may have come in?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Apr 2012 13:07

Hasn't this been discussed already - just leaving a club because his contract expired doesn't mean the club didn't want to sign him.

Remember Sidwell left us in same way ....

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 30 Apr 2012 13:13

Reading are considering a move for Aarhus left back Adam Eckersley, accoring to The Sun.

It was confirmed that McDermott went on a scouting trip to Denmark last week, believed to be wacthing the Danish Super League game between Odense and Aarhus, who the 26-year old currently plays for. Eckersley started the game at left back as his side won 2-1.

The Royals and Dutch side Feyenoord are keeping tabs on the former England youth international player. Despite being on the books of Manchester United, Eckersley never made an appearance for the Red Devils and was shipped out on loan to Barnsley and Port Vale before moving to Denmark.

Eckersley is not the first player to have been linked with Reading from Norway, with striker Dame N'Doye also linked with a potential move. The Senegalese international is the top scorer in the Danish super league and is attracting interest from the Premier League.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 30 Apr 2012 14:11

Friday's Legacy Reading are considering a move for Aarhus left back Adam Eckersley, accoring to The Sun.

It was confirmed that McDermott went on a scouting trip to Denmark last week, believed to be wacthing the Danish Super League game between Odense and Aarhus, who the 26-year old currently plays for. Eckersley started the game at left back as his side won 2-1.

The Royals and Dutch side Feyenoord are keeping tabs on the former England youth international player. Despite being on the books of Manchester United, Eckersley never made an appearance for the Red Devils and was shipped out on loan to Barnsley and Port Vale before moving to Denmark.

Eckersley is not the first player to have been linked with Reading from Norway, with striker Dame N'Doye also linked with a potential move. The Senegalese international is the top scorer in the Danish super league and is attracting interest from the Premier League.

Lol, where's that from? They seem to think Norway and Denmark are the same place :?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Apr 2012 14:48

FiNeRaIn
well, he left there when his contract expired after being relegated. He then joined a Danish team ffs :roll: Wouldn't you possibly think if he had set the world alight a championship club may have come in?

winchester_royal
How did you figure that one out?

Vale had him on loan, wanted to sign him, Ecklersey only agreed to a 6-month deal, and then left because they got relegated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/7322846.stm

That was 4 years ago. Since then he's been learning his trade out in Denmark, and this season has apparently been impressing in the superliga, as this article shows:

http://lesrosbifs.net/2011/12/les-rosbifs-team-of-the-year-2011-includes-celtic-los-angeles-galaxy-men/

And he appears to have a decent left foot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKv9gCR8Ro

So, lets just wait and see yeah?

475 posts