Players don't want Di Canio

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Players don't want Di Canio

by paddy20 » 14 Mar 2013 11:30

One story is that he never gave the players a day off for 3 months so no wonder.I think the players may have had it too easy and been too close. Really nice bloke who the players loved - may have been the main problem. If we start letting the players choose the manager we have real problems

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Mar 2013 11:33

utterly foolish not to consult them at all imo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Mar 2013 11:41

melonhead
ManchesterRoyals
melonhead
thought it was all brians fault?

U aint got a clue sometimes

better than not having one all the time

:lol: Well that was a tap in.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 14 Mar 2013 11:52

melonhead utterly foolish not to consult them at all imo

Agree with that mainly because of the specific situation we find ourselves in. The players should not dictate who the next manager is of course but the first task is to try and stay up so we can't have a manager who causes unrest at this stage of the season. If the new manager hadn't come in until the summer then that risk is more justified as he has time to build his own squad.

Binfield Royal Yes, I know they weren't good enough, but there were spells in the Villa game for instance where they just stood off and let Villa have the ball for minutes at a time. If you were trying your best you'd be at least trying to tackle.

This was not due to lack of effort imho but it was a tactic favoured by McDermott.

melonhead do you mean as villa passed it around inneffectually in their own half?
what happens then if two or three players steam into their half after the ball?

This is spot on. The situation leading to one of Villa's goals on Saturday (I think it was the second) came about because Jobi broke ranks and pressed the ball when Villa had it in a harmless position and this left Harte with a two on one situation which proved fatal.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Mar 2013 11:53

TBM You know, i reckon the plan was to get rid of McD and get Di Canio in but once the players turned round and said "no" its kinda back-fired on the board and now they're saying "we don't have anyone lined up".......so basically the sacking was a pointless one as we're just 3 coaches short at the club now :|

The sacking is far less pointless than our last few games. We have now started looking for a new management team to rebuild us for next season (and possibly pull off a miracle in keeping us up this, but I'm sure that was a secondary consideration).

Yes we now have three coaches less (not necessarily short) but sadly those three weren't getting us the performances and results that we needed and there seemed little prospect of that changing.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 14 Mar 2013 13:00

Tokyo Sex Whale
Whore Jackie
Tokyo Sex Whale Would also be a very dangerous thing to say about a man who may well be your manager in a few days.

I'm not sure Paulo would take kindly to hearing "Oh, did you hear Noel was telling everyone he doesn't want you to be the manager and strongly dislikes you".

I'd say it is unlikely any players have voiced any sort of opinion, other than to very close friends/colleagues or maybe senior members who have been consulted by AZ.

Interestingly, Noel's been leaving home for the training ground a whole lot earlier this week.

Just to clarify I stuck Noels name in randomly, Not attributing that quote to him in a literal sense.

What time has he been leaving home though? I'd quite like to see the diary of a Prem footballer who plays for a "bottom" club.

Drive past his (and Federici's house) every morning between 8.20 and 8.50. Quite often saw Brian driving past :cry: , occasionally Feds. Never, ever seen Noel's car anywhere but outside his garage, until this week.

Could well be that ED has ditched BM's Googlesque flexi-time, but it's certainly not been relayed to Federici, unless his injury is worse than thought.

Biscuit_Boy

by Biscuit_Boy » 14 Mar 2013 13:11

melonhead
Biscuit_Boy
Binfield Royal http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292973/Paolo-Di-Canio-unwanted-Reading-players.html

According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

Well good because it seems the majority of fans don't want him either.

Hopefully, Anton will realise that there is no chance whatsoever of survival if the team won't give 100% for the manager.

So, better get ready to welcome our soon to be new manager, Sam Allerdyce...

And they gave 1000% for Brian? They got him the sack! Yes, I know they weren't good enough, but there were spells in the Villa game for instance where they just stood off and let Villa have the ball for minutes at a time. If you were trying your best you'd be at least trying to tackle.

do you mean as villa passed it around inneffectually in their own half?
what happens then if two or three players steam into their half after the ball?

lol.

didnt see anyone not putting effort in at all on saturday.

I shouldn't have actually put it like that, you're right, you can't really fault the effort. Actually if you look at the build-up to their second goal it wasn't played around in their own half, they were knocking it around 25-30 yards in front of our goal for what seemed an age. Villa are a poor Premier League team and I don't like watching a team like that being able to play like Spain. But granted, not the players fault.

G'La

by G'La » 14 Mar 2013 13:16

Binfield Royal http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292973/Paolo-Di-Canio-unwanted-Reading-players.html

According to the Daily Mail, Reading players have said either publicly or privately that they don't want Di Canio as our next manager.

Hopefully, Anton will realise that there is no chance whatsoever of survival if the team won't give 100% for the manager.

Quite frankly, what the f*ck has it got to do with the players? If I were to leave the company I work for my employees would have no say in who takes over the department. If they disliked someone then kicked off they would be told to get on with their jobs and let the directors decide who runs that department. On the flipside this could be media sh*t stiring.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 14 Mar 2013 13:24

Well if that's true, were they quite happy under McDermott achieving the results they were ?. My view on that if true is that we have players who were quite comfortable under McD and may now be found out. Those complaining about DiCannio can 'Move On'.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 14 Mar 2013 13:26

Who cares who they want or don't want! I'm hoping RFC is going to have a big overhaul of players anyway becasue it's time to seriously move on.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 14 Mar 2013 13:29

G'La Quite frankly, what the f*ck has it got to do with the players? If I were to leave the company I work for my employees would have no say in who takes over the department. If they disliked someone then kicked off they would be told to get on with their jobs and let the directors decide who runs that department. On the flipside this could be media sh*t stiring.

Do you work for Burger King?

In a PROFESSIONAL environment, the staff have a MASSIVE input on who the replacement is - especially if it's an internal one.
The last place I left, my team was asked to individually interview the leading two candidates for 10 minutes each and give thier first impressions.
That might be an exception to the norm, but I've never worked in a team, when having lost a line manager, I haven't been asked for my opinion.
If you rule with an iron fist like you're suggesting, then you are on a path to total failure.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 14 Mar 2013 13:29

After all this, it's probably going to be Dolan anyway who gets the job. Cheap as chips.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Mar 2013 13:30

Whore Jackie Could well be that ED has ditched BM's Googlesque flexi-time, but it's certainly not been relayed to Federici, unless his injury is worse than thought.

Feds is some way off training.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Mar 2013 13:32

Sounds a bit like the players don't want to put an extra bit of work in.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 14 Mar 2013 13:32

maffff
Whore Jackie Could well be that ED has ditched BM's Googlesque flexi-time, but it's certainly not been relayed to Federici, unless his injury is worse than thought.

Feds is some way off training.

Has been all season.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 14 Mar 2013 13:32

Madstad to Nadderud Who cares who they want or don't want! I'm hoping RFC is going to have a big overhaul of players anyway becasue it's time to seriously move on.

You need to look about 35 miles to the East of Reading for your club if you think that we should be gutting the club and starting again - they've got a Russian prick of an owner too.

14 years of SUSTAINED success (I know, a long time before you came along) did not come, from having huge overhauls of the playing staff every time things got a bit rocky. You seem to forget, that the squad is not overly different to the one which won the Championship - which is essentially what we are looking to achieve next season.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 14 Mar 2013 13:37

Caskeys Lovechild
Madstad to Nadderud Who cares who they want or don't want! I'm hoping RFC is going to have a big overhaul of players anyway becasue it's time to seriously move on.

You need to look about 35 miles to the East of Reading for your club if you think that we should be gutting the club and starting again - they've got a Russian prick of an owner too.

14 years of SUSTAINED success (I know, a long time before you came along) did not come, from having huge overhauls of the playing staff every time things got a bit rocky. You seem to forget, that the squad is not overly different to the one which won the Championship - which is essentially what we are looking to achieve next season.

That's funny, as I seem to remember being a regular during the Branfoot era and so on. Didn't cover ourselves in 14 years of glory apart from the fantastic Wembley trip and record run at the start of a season, but still played a heck of a lot more exciting football than the dross being served up now.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 14 Mar 2013 13:49

Games with Portsmouth, Tottenham, Arsenal were all exciting in the last few years - doesn't mean I'd want to go through them again.

Playing style is, in my opinion (and the opinion of those who matter) entirely secondary to results.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Mar 2013 13:49

sandman
YateleyRoyal I doubt any players have said anything of the sort. I wonder how many of them know Paolo, or anything of his management style, apart from what they've read in the media. And it would be very petulant to act on the back of media reports.

Yeah because it's not as if Swinedon are a relatively local side and the players would know any of their players. Morro used to play for them and Jem knows at least one of their players. People in football talk and i'm sure the players know quite a bit about him and his style.

We got Morro from there, Karacan tried to get McDermott to sign his housemate (ex housemate?) Callum Kennedy. Although he's at Scunthorpe now. So links are definitely well entrenched.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 14 Mar 2013 13:57

Caskeys Lovechild Games with Portsmouth, Tottenham, Arsenal were all exciting in the last few years - doesn't mean I'd want to go through them again.

Playing style is, in my opinion (and the opinion of those who matter) entirely secondary to results.

That was a while checking your big bumper book of RFC history to see who Branfoot was! Ok, as long as we win, it doesn't matter that we play like a pub team, even if it's sending the majority to sleep.