Captain

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Captain

by St. Brynjar » 23 Jun 2013 17:37

LightwaterRoyal
peeping bernal One person not mentioned and has settled in to the new style, even progressed after going stagnant under BMcD is Karacan. The only question mark is would he thrive under the responsibility on suffer, having just got back on track after a torrid 12 months of injury and loss of form through either lack of confidence or the style we were playing.

Didnt he get the arm band against Fulham after Jobi went off? I remember him having an amazing game and being captain just seemed to make him give an extra 50% on top of his usual 100%.

He is a good shout and ideally want a homegrown player to get it, if it wasnt for Alex Pearce being a cock recently he would be guaranteed.

So for now my choices are:
Jobi, if hes going to be playing regularly.
Pearce, only if all is forgiven.
Jem
Mariappa
Carrico
Bridge

but we have to wait and see who else we bring in.

Too soon for Karacan in my opinion, blew very hot and cold last year and not enough of a leader. Pearce has a lot to prove before he gets the armband!
P!ssed Off
St. Brynjar
TheLawnMowerMan Club captain = McAnuff
Match day captain = Kelly

Wouldn't mind that, if Kelly is first choice right back.

Which all the signs suggest he won't be.

Signs including Kelly playing every game since signing?

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 23 Jun 2013 18:51

Mariappa. The only one guaranteed a start at the moment with the youth, the mouth and the enthusiasm.

Actually having said that I would have a side bet that Karacan will be given it.

6 Million Dollar Man

by 6 Million Dollar Man » 23 Jun 2013 19:09

I can see a Premier league club coming in for Mariappa, so my choice would be Pearce...he's been there before

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 23 Jun 2013 19:35

NA gave the armband to Karacan twice at the end of the season when Jobi went off...