BFTG Bournemouth

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

Re: BFTG Bournemouth

by LWJ » 22 Oct 2014 14:23

Song was shit but fair play - though they are an embarrassing bunch who sum up our fan base..

Best song of the night goes to 'hot dog, sausage roll, come on reading score a goal!'

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 22 Oct 2014 15:15

First half we were the better team, without really creating much in the way of chances apart from HRK hitting the post. Bournemouth looked sloppy for the first 30 mins, lots of loose passes. Then came into the game a lot more just before HT.

Second half, it was men against boys. We were woeful and looked to be playing out the game rather than trying to get back into it. Nobody wanted the ball, lack of movement from all players made keeping the ball almost impossible.

FairPlay to the kids who sang the whole way through the second half even if they were a bit embarrassing in the concourse before the game. Must have been their first away game without their parents!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Oct 2014 15:25

Well, a couple of the Bournemouth fans noticed the song.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co ... 69&posts=9

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 22 Oct 2014 16:32

genome Well, a couple of the Bournemouth fans noticed the song.

Did you read the thread? :lol: Suggested they were loud all game. Whereas not a peep from them till the 1st and then hardly anything

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 22 Oct 2014 17:12

LWJ Song was shit but fair play - though they are an embarrassing bunch who sum up our fan base..

Best song of the night goes to 'hot dog, sausage roll, come on reading score a goal!'

Old School

When my kids go to games they expect to hear this as I used to sing it to them.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Oct 2014 17:33

LWJ
genome Well, a couple of the Bournemouth fans noticed the song.

Did you read the thread? :lol: Suggested they were loud all game. Whereas not a peep from them till the 1st and then hardly anything

I said a couple, not all of them...

Baghdad Royal

by Baghdad Royal » 22 Oct 2014 21:56

First half without having a lot of threat in the final third we were definitely the better side, however the half time talk and fragilty of our defensive confidence were exposed.

Hector was turned far too easily for the second goal, kept on letting his man get the wrong side of him.

Obita tired and his set pieces were not up t the normal standard although we show very little variation in our set pieces.

Crowd noise - good although the youthful nature of the majority showed in the lack of imagination in the variety of songs.

I think Blackpool will be defining moment in our season, either our confidence will crumble and we tumble or we will give them a thumping and confidence will soar. They will fight all the way and I am nervous as I am not sure our players understand how to fight for the team. Pearce's reaction to the 3rd which looked like he was either shouting "sh*t" at Obita for losing his man or just at the full impact of the scoreline and what was Gunter doing to berate the ref about the appalling penalty decision? Not what I expect a Reading FC Captain to do.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 23 Oct 2014 09:24

I don't understand why people from Tadley are supporting Reading anyway. This is a Berkshire club, we fooking hate Hampshire - go support a local team ffs

biscuitmandan

by biscuitmandan » 23 Oct 2014 15:37

Long term hob nob voyeur here, only my second game of the season (I live in Bournemouth so an easy one for me!)

Thought we played well for 50 minutes without ever actually creating any decent clear cut chances (apart from hitting the post) I also felt the mix up between Pearce letting a ball bounce and Feds hesitating to come off his line sums up the lack of confidence we have in the team, you just don't see confident teams defend like that. That said I thought Feds was superb in the 2nd half with at least 3 point blank saves (although I haven't seen the highlights since). We went 1-0 down with what looked like a pretty routine cross and (free) header and from there there was only going to be one winner.

With regards to the singing, to be honest I was all for it, can't actually believe that some people on here are moaning about fans singing and dancing. Yes the young 'gents' leading it are probably not everyone's cup of tea but it made a miserable night just that little bit more enjoyable.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Oct 2014 09:14

biscuitmandan Long term hob nob voyeur here, only my second game of the season (I live in Bournemouth so an easy one for me!)

Thought we played well for 50 minutes without ever actually creating any decent clear cut chances (apart from hitting the post) I also felt the mix up between Pearce letting a ball bounce and Feds hesitating to come off his line sums up the lack of confidence we have in the team, you just don't see confident teams defend like that. That said I thought Feds was superb in the 2nd half with at least 3 point blank saves (although I haven't seen the highlights since). We went 1-0 down with what looked like a pretty routine cross and (free) header and from there there was only going to be one winner.

With regards to the singing, to be honest I was all for it, can't actually believe that some people on here are moaning about fans singing and dancing. Yes the young 'gents' leading it are probably not everyone's cup of tea but it made a miserable night just that little bit more enjoyable.

Customary oxf*rd off newbie...or maybe lurker.