Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

241 posts
John Peel

Re: Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by John Peel » 09 Dec 2009 00:29

Fed - 0 (OK I'm angry - realistically 3)
Tabb - 6 (Still best RB we have and was up against a Premiership player)
Ingi - 4
Pearce - 5 (got the goal but I'd still have O'Dea and Mills at the back any day of the week)
Bertrand - 5 (Insipid performance)
Marek - 6 (Went quiet in second half but still showed some class today)
Cisse - 5 (Back to the bench mate)
Boris - 5 (One to forget for him)
Jobi - 7
Kebe - 4
Rasiak - 4 (But who else do we f*cking have??! He does have a part to play but needs to sort out his finishing)

Subs
HRK - 5
Sig - 6

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Dec 2009 00:32

Kebe continues to be a real jekyll & hyde. I'm trying desperately hard to like him or get confident when he's on the ball but can't.

Really don't understand how he can produce the skill he did down in the NW corner in 2nd half to take 2 players out the game and slide across a decent cross, then look so indecisive the next time he has the ball. :|

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 09 Dec 2009 00:45

Poor display and baffling tactics. Why two defensive midfield players? Just how was that going to get us positively up and at Palace. What has Karacan done so wrong that he couldn't get into that midfield? Tonight's performance shows why we will be looking over our shoulder at the bottom three - more soft goals and general cluelessness.

Player ratings
Fed 2 very poor display - second home game you have cost us
Tabb 4 found out in defence
Bertrand 5 not one of you better games
Ingi 5 very average
Pearce 5 average but you did score
Cisse 5 started well and faded badly
Gunnar 4 no obvious reason to be in the team
Marek 3 piss poor performance consistently passed to Palalce and played a large part in theiir second goal = I was genuinely surprised they let you out again for the second half
Kebe 4 below average
Mcanuff 5 spent most of your time out of the game
Rasiak 4 below average

Subs
HRK 4 neat tidy no impact
The Sig 4 on too late and didn't get to the pace of the game - good pen though

Rodgers - heard your comments after the game - you can be a really dishonest bullsh*tter sometimes - you should of put your hand up and admitted you got this game completely wrong tactically as much as the players did.

finbarr

by finbarr » 09 Dec 2009 00:50

[quote="Ark Royal"]I will say this yet again: THIS TEAM WILL BE RELEGATED.

50 of my English pounds say that we won't.......

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 09 Dec 2009 00:53

finbarr
Ark Royal I will say this yet again: THIS TEAM WILL BE RELEGATED.

50 of my English pounds say that we won't.......

Current exchange rates dictate that 30.739 of my US$ say that we will.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 09 Dec 2009 01:03

Row Z Royal
handbags_harris And now some reality after the thread opener.

This was an atrocious performance, a capitulation just before half time. Federici beaten twice at his near post TWICE AGAIN, although the third was a bit of a pearler tbf. The fourth was called as son as Moses got the ball, but where the oxf*rd was the covering defender for the most obvious ball placement that everyone could see?! In open play we struggled to create anything at all, although Rasiak should be kicking goalposts after his scuff just after the opener. Apart from that, set pieces were our only outlet.

I've almost had it with this clown in charge. The result was called half an hour before kickoff when I found out that Sigurdsson had been dropped for Gunnarsson. Did the f*ckin clown not learn from QPR?! Player of the month Sigurdsson dropped?! Two defensive midfielders at home who so obviously can't play together, a pairing so ruthlessly exposed at QPR?! One striker we have for the next game again. The clown in charge does not help himself at all. Normal service resumed then, needless changes, followed by ridiculously soft goals conceded down to poor goalkeeping or woefully inadequate defensive play, a midfield lacking in quality and fitness, and an attack that leaves a lot to be desired.

It must be said that a Coppell team rarely lost at home by conceding four goals. A Coppell team, when it didn't play particularly well, at least had the defensive foundations to have the potential to gain a draw. A Coppell team rarely shipped three goals at this level, let alone four. This ol' boy currently in charge, well he may speak reasonably well but it's all the same guff about DNA, journey,s and the latest fad, game management. Well how did we manage the game today the Brendan? Appallingly you utter c*nt, absolutely appallingly. Because we're so obviously not good enough it is unreal. Playoffs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sack him.

^This.

:shock:

^That.

:(

The Royal We

by The Royal We » 09 Dec 2009 01:12

2 things that came to my attention tonight:

(1) With both their full backs on a booking, why didn't we focus all our efforts on getting the ball wide? If Jobi or Jimmy had got past their man at any point Palace would have been in trouble.

(2) In his post match interview Rodgers blamed our inconsistency on having such a young side. Tell me, of tonights starting 11, who can he really claim is inexperienced? Bryn? Ingi? Cisse? Rasiak? Tabb? McAnuff? Marek? Kebe? Pearce and Bertrand may be young, but they have experience at this level.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 09 Dec 2009 01:19

The Royal We 2 things that came to my attention tonight:

(1) With both their full backs on a booking, why didn't we focus all our efforts on getting the ball wide? If Jobi or Jimmy had got past their man at any point Palace would have been in trouble.

^ and that.

The Royal We (2) In his post match interview Rodgers blamed our inconsistency on having such a young side. Tell me, of tonights starting 11, who can he really claim is inexperienced? Bryn? Ingi? Cisse? Rasiak? Tabb? McAnuff? Marek? Kebe? Pearce and Bertrand may be young, but they have experience at this level.

We could really do with a leader.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 09 Dec 2009 01:28

floyd__streete Never been a fan of the goalkeeper; he makes far too many mistakes and is a poor all round 'keeper. The ocassional camera save seems to be enough for most of you to rate him and chant his wretched name but his positioning is poor and he gets beaten at his near post time after time after time. It is basics and he isn't going to improve if he is so poor at the basics. Get rid.

Yep. He's a reserve keeper, simple as. Inspires no confidence whatsoever.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 Dec 2009 03:04

M U R T Y
handbags_harris A Coppell team rarely shipped three goals at this level, let alone four.

I remember a few in a row a few years back...

this season we have let in 3 or more goals 6 times, 5 was the worst under Coppell at this level, and that was over 46 games.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Dec 2009 03:07

Cummings was dropped after his West Brom nightmare. Could Hamer get his chance instead of Federici on Saturday? Also - off the back of a win and 10 points in 5 games, why play 2 defensive midfielders at home? Sig has been one of our best players this season. Time for Mills at the back too by the sounds of things.

joe999

by joe999 » 09 Dec 2009 05:02

I've seen the likes of Tony Rougier, Paul Brayson, Mass Sarr, and many more come through Reading in the last decade, and I totally agree that Rasiak is up there in contention for worst of the lot.

An absolute donkey, ugly football to go with his ugly face.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Dec 2009 05:17

Decent goal scoring record this season though....

joe999

by joe999 » 09 Dec 2009 05:19

True, but it's not all that matters. I don't even REALLY mind about his ugly, "bolton" style play.
It's his general work-rate and half-arsedness combined with the fact that the's just not very good at football. Hopeless.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Dec 2009 05:24

Is does make me laugh when I think about his time at Spurs...

joe999

by joe999 » 09 Dec 2009 06:36

Exactly. And I know for a fact I'm going to get people flaming me saying he's got goals for us this season and kept us out of the bottom 3 blah blah, but I don't care, he plays ugly football, which he's not very good at.

Bung another bale of straw on.

Ryn

by Ryn » 09 Dec 2009 07:36

Tilehurst End Probably the worst 6 goal thriller of all time,not much football played by either side. Has there ever been a slower "spine" to a team at this level. Palace no great shakes but had the one class player on view.

Fed 4 - First a good strike but beaten at near post, second shocking.Poor kicking.
Tabb 6 - Stuck to his task manfully, Moses would have roasted many a full back tonight.
Bertrand 6 - Sold short for 2nd goal but could have been stronger. Ashley Cole has little to worry about.
Ingi 5 - Not the player or leader that he was.
Pearce 6 - Good header for the goal but lack of pace still a worry.
McAnuff 6 - Still our most dangerous weapon but quiet second half tonight after getting both full backs booked first half.
Cisse 5 - Couple of good challenges first half but needs to do more.
Bryn 5 - Intelligent run to receive a quick free kick and harshly punished for free kick that led to second goal but no great impact.
Kebe 4 - Actually showed once in second half what he's capable of with run and pull back but 15 seconds in 90 minutes is not enough.
Marek 4 - Some good control but passing atrocious. Lost interest late on.
Rasiak 5 - One of those nights. Mistimed every jump, touch poor, missed probabaly best chance of the match first half.

HRK 5 - Great first few minutes with run down the wing then got lost in the middle.
Sig 6 - Introduced some energy at least but to late to change result.

BR 4 - Really like the guy but got it totally wrong with tactics tonight. On a decent run and at home and went negative with Cisse/Bryn in the centre. Out thought by Colin and his teams delaying tactics breaking up any rhythm to the game.

In a mini league now with the likes of Plymouth, Peterborough, Sheff. Wed, Scunthorpe, Coventry, Derby. Hopefully we've got enough to finish in the top two or three of that.

^^^ This one. My thoughts exactly.

Special mention to Victor Moses, that lad was class.

Extra special mention to the referee, who was complete and utter dump.

Brendan Rodgers is out of his depth and sinking like the Bismark. We need a manager in with footballing experience.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 09 Dec 2009 08:31

Ideal
Tony Le Mesmer
Chaney Kebe.6 certainly not the worse player on the pitch

Oh yes he was.

Im getting sick to fcking death of watching this hapless loser turn out for us. I have totally lost count of the amount times he has embarassed himself on the pitch. Absolutely pitful performance tonight, i never want to see this fcking retard play for Reading again.

Our Manager is a total fraud and i have no idea what his suppossed coaching staff do, or why they are at the club. Dean Austin? Who? Oh thats right yes, the guy that broke Gilkesy's leg.

This is Tommy Burns all over again.

Best post of the last 6 months!!!!

I give this a MASSIVE +1

Makes you wonder what the result might have been if the left wingers had been the other way round but I suspect Kebe would have little chance of getting in a Warnock team.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 09 Dec 2009 08:45

Tonights match reminded me why those at QPR were right to chant Rodgers out. This season it like watching a car crash in slow motion - with the inevitable conclusion to follow.... yes we have played a bit better in recent weeks but Rodgers still has that championships manager computer game urge to tinker and tweak. its alomost as though he thinks 'I need to so something.... this is something... I am a successful manager becuase I am doing something'. The trouble is that the something invariably has no connection to the rest of the plan so we end up doing lots of things differently and badly rather than having a simple clear approach as we did under Coppell.

First of all tactics - I never thought I would see the day when a Reading team played 3-6-1 but thats what we were treated to for the last 20 minutes last night. I suppose Ishouldnt be surprised as that accurately reflects the balance of the team at the moment. and did anyone see that moment of magic when Sig ran on as sub and handed a note to Pearce (page 168?) to rad about what formation they were playing - inevitably Palace attacked before Pearce has time to read it and the defence was completely out of line

And as for dropping Sig - no doubt there will be some convoluted reason from page 168 of Brendans Rodgers bumper book of tactics which will explain why having two average defensive midwfielders in front of two ever slower central defenders made sense

Rodgers went into the game saying he had 'big confidence' he ended up looking like a big idiot. Its a shame but we're heading the way of Norwich, Sotuhampton and Charlton I'm afraid - I just hope that the decline doesnt turn into a fall of Luton or bradford proportions

Rodgers out
Last edited by Only one Trevor Morley on 09 Dec 2009 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 09 Dec 2009 08:50

Rodgers is tactically inept, time to go you do not know what you are doing but I known that for 20 games.

Tabb is not a right back Moses screwed Tabb into the ground with ease.. Has Rodgers ever thought of playing O' Dea at right back?

McAnuff played on the left wing against Blackpool cutting inside, chasing down the ball and constantly creating chances. Against Palace we watched Kebe do absoulutly f*ck all did the manager ever think of switching the wingers?

Rodgers bought on HKR in the second half in the first 20 second on the right side he got round the back, playing well. For the remaining 44minutes and 40 seconds I forgot HKR was on the pitch as he moved him inside to be a centre forward total joke.

Mateosky was not existant and did not want to know, your time is up you have had your chance.
Last edited by The Real Sandhurst Royal on 09 Dec 2009 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

241 posts