CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5392 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER - TODAY COULD BE THE DAY! (or not?)

by Royal Rother » 06 Sep 2024 07:01

It’s probably been suggested before but, bearing in mind his circumstances back home, it seems quite possible to me that Dai is unable to sign off because he has disappeared in “mysterious” circumstances, never to be seen again.

If true, I wonder what Couhig’s (and the club’s) options are.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Sep 2024 08:29

Royal Rother It’s probably been suggested before but, bearing in mind his circumstances back home, it seems quite possible to me that Dai is unable to sign off because he has disappeared in “mysterious” circumstances, never to be seen again.

Look unless Couhig is some sort of troll. These is no way he’s going to keep fans on strings posting shit like he did last night from the purple turtle unless it was basically done. He’s had dogs abuse from fans directly @‘ing him on Twitter for the last couple of weeks. He’ll know the fans mood, and what this is doing to everyone. And after posting what he did before the Wigan game and then no update he will be aware that people are desperate.. I find it very hard to believe he would continue posting teasers if he were not ready to announce it imminently. I expect an announcement today or tomorrow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Sep 2024 08:38

blythspartan
Mid Sussex Royal Seriously it must be very imminent....so the twitter ITK's from first thing may be right.

I don't think RC would post pics in the PT if that was not the case.....and it looks like James Earnshaw took the photos.

It’s nice to see RC making an effort to engage with the fans, but I don’t see this as a sign that the takeover is imminent. Obviously, it must be getting closer, but how close is close? Hopefully, it gets done before the Os game.

Given all the apparent backlash from the twitternotsmarti, and rumours that he's fed up and pulling out, I imagine this is just to show he's still commited to owning us.

Not that the deal is imminent. He can’t know that, because it's dependent on Dai doing something and you don't know when or if Dai will do something until the pcunts done it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Sep 2024 08:43

Brogue
Royal Rother It’s probably been suggested before but, bearing in mind his circumstances back home, it seems quite possible to me that Dai is unable to sign off because he has disappeared in “mysterious” circumstances, never to be seen again.

Look unless Couhig is some sort of troll. These is no way he’s going to keep fans on strings posting shit like he did last night from the purple turtle unless it was basically done. He’s had dogs abuse from fans directly @‘ing him on Twitter for the last couple of weeks. He’ll know the fans mood, and what this is doing to everyone. And after posting what he did before the Wigan game and then no update he will be aware that people are desperate.. I find it very hard to believe he would continue posting teasers if he were not ready to announce it imminently. I expect an announcement today or tomorrow.

I really hope you’re right, but I just see it as Couhig trying to keep up fans spirits. I wouldn’t be surprised if it hasn’t happened by this time next week, but hope I am wrong as it needs to happen ASAP.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Sep 2024 08:43

What James wrote in the Chronic about it

James latest tweet Rob Couhig seeing more of #rdguk before even buying it than Dai Yongge has in seven years. Not expecting any official word today but hopefully things develop in the coming days #readingfc
Last edited by Sutekh on 06 Sep 2024 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Sep 2024 08:44

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
Mid Sussex Royal Seriously it must be very imminent....so the twitter ITK's from first thing may be right.

I don't think RC would post pics in the PT if that was not the case.....and it looks like James Earnshaw took the photos.

It’s nice to see RC making an effort to engage with the fans, but I don’t see this as a sign that the takeover is imminent. Obviously, it must be getting closer, but how close is close? Hopefully, it gets done before the Os game.

Given all the apparent backlash from the twitternotsmarti, and rumours that he's fed up and pulling out, I imagine this is just to show he's still commited to owning us.

Not that the deal is imminent. He can’t know that, because it's dependent on Dai doing something and you don't know when or if Dai will do something until the pcunts done it.

This is most likely - or Dai has actually signed what he needed to sign and there is just some legal formalities that need to be completed before the thing can finally be announced.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Sep 2024 08:45

Either way still no news to finally put an end to this saga.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Sep 2024 08:46

Sutekh What James wrote in the Chronic about it

James latest tweet Rob Couhig seeing more of #rdguk before even buying it than Dai Yongge has in seven years. Not expecting any official word today but hopefully things develop in the coming days #readingfc

So nothing, he wrote some words but they don't say anything.

Back to waiting then.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Sep 2024 09:36

Don`t know if James was there, but somebody took the pictures, if so why don`t they just come out and ask him if we are close or not?
if he doesn`t answer the question then fair enough and report it.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Sep 2024 09:53

windermereROYAL Don`t know if James was there, but somebody took the pictures, if so why don`t they just come out and ask him if we are close or not?

He was there as the picture credit has his name by it.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Sep 2024 10:03

windermereROYAL Don`t know if James was there, but somebody took the pictures, if so why don`t they just come out and ask him if we are close or not?

Because journalists work on a trust basis. I’m sure James asked that very question. I mean everyone would. And either Couhig was coy about coming forward with information, or he has told him. But told him to keep it to himself for the time being. He will, of course, want to have a close relationship with the guy going forward. And if he loses his trust by publishing something he shouldn’t before the guy has even got his foot in the door then that’s not great for him is it? Couhig seems like he’s going to be a very open owner. James needs to preserve that relationship.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Sep 2024 10:18

James tweeted a picture of him with Couhig and said he confirmed it wasn't quite done

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Sep 2024 10:22

Because everyone already knows we've been close for a month.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Sep 2024 10:39

Going to try to be positive and say I think ‘something’ was done yesterday, maybe a particular hurdle has been jumped or issue resolved

I’m hoping it really is the home straight now and it will just be a matter of days

Likewise be unsurprised if that’s not the case and it drags on for plenty more weeks yet

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Sep 2024 11:11

I don't understand why it's taking so long.

It's only a complex multimillion pound deal involving many parties from around the world, with many moving parts. Should've been done by now.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Sep 2024 11:12

I just don't see the point of panicking about something we have zero control over; as Jim Lovell said on Apollo 13 - all we will do is bounce off the walls and then end up in the same place.

EVERY indication is that it will happen, and you have to believe that until the moment it gets confirmed officially that it isn't happening.

If that confirmation of the deal falling through happens, then by all means let the nuclear meltdown begin!!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Sep 2024 11:25

Mr Angry I just don't see the point of panicking about something we have zero control over; as Jim Lovell said on Apollo 13 - all we will do is bounce off the walls and then end up in the same place.

EVERY indication is that it will happen, and you have to believe that until the moment it gets confirmed officially that it isn't happening.

If that confirmation of the deal falling through happens, then by all means let the nuclear meltdown begin!!

Are you new here? :D

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Sep 2024 11:30

bcubed
Mr Angry I just don't see the point of panicking about something we have zero control over; as Jim Lovell said on Apollo 13 - all we will do is bounce off the walls and then end up in the same place.

Are you new here? :D

Compared to x we don’t have too much panicking on here. Plus, we have IR to keep us on the straight and narrow :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Sep 2024 12:41

blythspartan we don’t have too much panicking on here.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 06 Sep 2024 12:51

Didn't Blyth basically end it with football at one point last season because it was all taking so long?

5392 posts