Season Ticket Prices for next season

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season Ticket Prices for next season

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Mar 2009 20:10

RoyalBlue Another poor show against Ipswich and perhaps the deal doesn't look anywhere near as attractive.

It would still look as attractive to me. It's either 19 games for £425 in the Prem or 23 games for £425 in the Championship.

I'm not fussed which it is.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 11 Mar 2009 23:18

Wycombe Royal
RoyalBlue Another poor show against Ipswich and perhaps the deal doesn't look anywhere near as attractive.

It would still look as attractive to me. It's either 19 games for £425 in the Prem or 23 games for £425 in the Championship.

Let's be honest, you did meet your wife in The Thatchers.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Mar 2009 18:07

Wycombe Royal

You'd pay £425 in the present economic climate for another season of the shyte that we witnessed again today?! :shock:

Thou Voice

Season Ticket Refunds - Season 09 / 10

by Thou Voice » 14 Mar 2009 20:43

I wonder based on what we've seen over the past few weeks, if anyone that has paid for a Season Ticket for 09 / 10 will be getting their money back and canceling.

In fact, does anyone know if even that is possible to get money back on a season ticket if you've paid for it pre-season?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Ticket Refunds - Season 09 / 10

by Kitson12 » 14 Mar 2009 20:45

Thou Voice I wonder based on what we've seen over the past few weeks, if anyone that has paid for a Season Ticket for 09 / 10 will be getting their money back and canceling.

In fact, does anyone know if even that is possible to get money back on a season ticket if you've paid for it pre-season?

I certainly won't. Whichever league we are in, whoever our manager is, who ever plays for us, I will still support this team through thick and thin. Win or lose.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season Ticket Refunds - Season 09 / 10

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Mar 2009 20:47

No and No

but I would expect some competitive pricing for the forthcoming play-off games.

With 5 minutes to go today, I found myself longingly looking at the exits

working class hero

by working class hero » 14 Mar 2009 23:51

So far all posts are about the struggle to find £450 quid in the next 3 weeks.

AT THE RISK OF RATTLING Woodcote's cage there are of course many families who will have to find a great deal more..... I think that a commitment to have paid up by August should suffice. The Club can simply 'switch off' the card if it is not paid for - simple really, so no risk to the FC and a breather for loyal fans.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 15 Mar 2009 00:34

working class hero So far all posts are about the struggle to find £450 quid in the next 3 weeks.

AT THE RISK OF RATTLING Woodcote's cage there are of course many families who will have to find a great deal more..... I think that a commitment to have paid up by August should suffice. The Club can simply 'switch off' the card if it is not paid for - simple really, so no risk to the FC and a breather for loyal fans.

With respect you seem to have missed the whole point of why the club is making the offer. Put simply they want the cash now not in August. Whether you pay in cash or chose the deferred payment scheme the net result is that the club gets the money now and thus its cash flow is improved in return for accepting a lower amount. If you are unable to pay up front the club gains nothing so it is not unreasonable for you to have to pay the new increased charge.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Mar 2009 09:07

I suspect that unless we pull something extraordinary out of the bag in our remaining games, sales of STs will decrease hugely for next season. I've got enough points to secure me tickets home and away if I want them, and should we not go up, which is almost inevitable at the moment, I doubt I'll have any trouble finding a seat. :cry: And a decrease in STs means less money in close season for the club, means less money available "up front" to put towards players means selling our better players and bringing in more sub-standard ones means struggling next season. I do hope I'm wrong.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Mar 2009 09:16

Why renew your ST now as we will not be in the Premier next season nor will the price change.

A getsure from RFC would be to reduce the price of a season ticket considering the performances we are currently seeing on the pitch.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Mar 2009 09:28

Royal Lady I suspect that unless we pull something extraordinary out of the bag in our remaining games, sales of STs will decrease hugely for next season. I've got enough points to secure me tickets home and away if I want them, and should we not go up, which is almost inevitable at the moment, I doubt I'll have any trouble finding a seat. :cry: And a decrease in STs means less money in close season for the club, means less money available "up front" to put towards players means selling our better players and bringing in more sub-standard ones means struggling next season. I do hope I'm wrong.

SO you are not renewing??

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Mar 2009 11:17

Haven't decided yet, but veering towards "why bother"? at the moment. Perhaps someone with a ST can lend it to me sometime so I can watch the odd game.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Mar 2009 12:22

Royal Lady I suspect that unless we pull something extraordinary out of the bag in our remaining games, sales of STs will decrease hugely for next season. I've got enough points to secure me tickets home and away if I want them, and should we not go up, which is almost inevitable at the moment, I doubt I'll have any trouble finding a seat. :cry: And a decrease in STs means less money in close season for the club, means less money available "up front" to put towards players means selling our better players and bringing in more sub-standard ones means struggling next season. I do hope I'm wrong.

+1. The main reason for renewing is to keep "my seat" - which I've had for 10 years and personally chose in a portacabin on a building site in 1998.

But if the weird emotional attachment to this can be overcome, there would be little objective need for a ST.

And if, for some unaccountable reason, we did go up, it would be even less attractive to pay more to watch a sub-standard team get massacred week after week.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2009 17:16

Dirk Gently

+1. The main reason for renewing is to keep "my seat" - which I've had for 10 years and personally chose in a portacabin on a building site in 1998.

But if the weird emotional attachment to this can be overcome, there would be little objective need for a ST.

And if, for some unaccountable reason, we did go up, it would be even less attractive to pay more to watch a sub-standard team get massacred week after week.

Likewise, we have three damn good seats that took a while to get hold of. Therefore it is that emotional/practical grip, not the 'fantastic' deal offered by RFC, that is likely to see us fly in the face of economic (and possibly football) common sense and renew again!

working class hero

by working class hero » 15 Mar 2009 21:20

With respect you seem to have missed the whole point of why the club is making the offer. Put simply they want the cash now not in August. Whether you pay in cash or chose the deferred payment scheme the net result is that the club gets the money now and thus its cash flow is improved in return for accepting a lower amount. If you are unable to pay up front the club gains nothing so it is not unreasonable for you to have to pay the new increased charge.

No. I understand.
However, if folk cannot afford this 'incredible offer' they are unlikely to pay for a loan from some shark credit company.
If the club wants cash it needs to understand the customers. It might be wise to hook folk into paying by August - or risk losing the lot. MAny other clubs are reducing prices....

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Mar 2009 09:07

RoyalBlue
Wycombe Royal

You'd pay £425 in the present economic climate for another season of the shyte that we witnessed again today?! :shock:

Yes I would, I support Reading FC and a few poor performances won't stop me attending. I have seen far worse performances and some absolutely dreadful seasons of football during my 25 years plus of being a season ticket holder.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Mar 2009 09:45

So have I, but relatively speaking the cost of the ST wasn't as great and I never expected us to achieve much. Things are different now, particularly when you have the Chairman telling us he wants us to get back into the Prem etc etc. Never had that with Frank Waller! :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 16 Mar 2009 12:59

Never had anything with Waller.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 16 Mar 2009 13:19

Dirk Gently

I also bought my ticket "off plan" but I think I am slowly coming to terms with the emotional attachment and will probably not renew next season. Nothing particularly to do with the current fare being served up as I have seen far worse in my time. More just a general disilusionment with football in general and having other priorities. Will still go to a good number of games though.

Y25

by Y25 » 16 Mar 2009 15:16

I fully understand what the club are doing - they want an injection of cash now.

But giving me 3 weeks to fork out a grand+ (2 adults/one child) after the last 3 months of drivel doesn't seem too good an offer really

I'll probably renew but later in the summer - I assume it will be £20 more at worst (per ticket) whether we go up or not