Please lose more games Brendan

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Please lose more games Brendan

by Hoop Blah » 02 Nov 2009 11:04

Wycombe Royal
Ian Royal Hardly anyone spent more than us at this level.

And no-one has sold/released more than us at this level.

As Wycombe points out, our squad has to be the most ripped apart from any team in the division, bar maybe Swansea who lost their manager and key players.

There are still 6 teams that spent more than us. Thats 25% of the division Ian.

West Brom - £4m
Cardiff - £5m
Forest - £4m + Blackstock
QPR - £3.5m
Sheff Utd - £3m+
Ipswich - £4m+++

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Nov 2009 12:26

Hoop Blah
Wycombe Royal
Ian Royal Hardly anyone spent more than us at this level.

And no-one has sold/released more than us at this level.

As Wycombe points out, our squad has to be the most ripped apart from any team in the division, bar maybe Swansea who lost their manager and key players.

There are still 6 teams that spent more than us. Thats 25% of the division Ian.

West Brom - £4m
Cardiff - £5m
Forest - £4m + Blackstock
QPR - £3.5m
Sheff Utd - £3m+
Ipswich - £4m+++

Those aren't the figures that were posted previously on here.

What about Newcastle? They've lost a fair few players. People can claim we've had our side ripped to pieces, but we've only really lost three important regulars, maybe you can add Bikey to make it four, I wouldn't though.

What about Watford? Priskin, Smith, Williamson, Rasiak, McAnuff... that's virtually all their goals gone. I think Wycombe's point is made from knowing Reading and our ins and outs, and ignorance of most other clubs.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Nov 2009 12:49

Those are the disclosed fee's taken from Soccerbase only. I've no idea what other figures you're using to come up with your comment though.

From our squad we lost, Hahnemann, Duberry, Murty (didn't play but was a key figure), Bikey, Harper, Rosenoir, Doyle, Hunt and Lita. You could also throw in Kitson as a player that was involved last season and now Armstrong and Hunt as players we might not get to see much of this season.

That's at least 8 players who played a big role in the squad over the last 4 or 5 years.

That's pretty ripped apart in my book Ian.

Newcastle did lose a fair few players too (but they had plenty of senior pro's from a higher division ready and waiting to fill in -they only lost ), as have Watford, and no doubt a few others.

Have they lost the heart of their long term squad like we did though? It was a concious decision by the club to do so, so it's not just a sob story, but we have to keep in mind the upheaval behind the scenes to put the last few months into perspective.