Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Deadlock » 22 Jan 2012 17:09

Royal Lady
Optimist City fans wore Arabian head scarfs, how long before one's Rumblestix are accompanied by a Russian fur hat :?:

Deadlock has had one of these for years!

Wish I'd worn it yesterday, too. My ears were cold!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 22 Jan 2012 17:09

FiNeRaIn
BonBoh Not happy about the demise of my club

http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=204

Not particuarly bothered if he's Mafia, its not the same in Russia as it is in the US....its much more common. We aren't talking about the Gambino's here.

If a couple of local business competitors in Moscow get whacked and it results in us buying a good striker and creative midfielder...im not particularly arsed.

I agree. We've always been a bit of a nothing club to outsiders but with these new owners and soon to be signings Ched Evans and Titus Bramble we'll have a real identity and the media might finally start to take some notice of us.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Jan 2012 17:13

Good post ^^

We are bringing in OJ Simpson as director of football as well. Heard that in the concourse yesterday.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 22 Jan 2012 17:15

FiNeRaIn Good post ^^

We are bringing in OJ Simpson as director of football as well. Heard that in the concourse yesterday.

Is he out on parole yet?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 22 Jan 2012 17:15

Royal With Cheese I'm surprised no one's discussing the expansion of the Mad Stad yet.

I have mentioned it twice in the last couple of days

under the tin

by under the tin » 22 Jan 2012 17:16

No Fixed Abode Remember the majority of you said, if big investment comes to the club and you 'buy' success, you won't support Reading anymore?

I'll watch this space.

Thing is, there is a difference between buying success, and using inward investment to keep hold of players that the club has developed itself. McDermott alluded to this in his post match interview yesterday.

But there again, a Chelsea fan wouldn't understand this concept.
It's all about who is the most expensive player we can sign to win us the champions league?
Still failing, I note. :P

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Jan 2012 17:17

Libertine
FiNeRaIn Good post ^^

Is he out on parole yet?

This will not be problem.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 22 Jan 2012 17:18

Arch
Libertine
FiNeRaIn Good post ^^

Is he out on parole yet?

This will not be problem.

Hah. I forgot...Russian oligarchs/mafia can get things done.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 22 Jan 2012 17:21

Arch
BonBoh Not happy about the demise of my club

http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=204

This is a profile of Anton Zingarevich's father, Boris. Our club will be used to conceal illicit money. When they've had their fill, they will take what they want and we'll end up like Pompey.

Anyone fancy another 'car park' style petition, only this time to keep our club, not our manager?

Have you actually read that?

Summary:

The Zingarevich brothers own Ilim Pulp, a major player in the Russian timber industry. Various people involved in the Russian timber industry have been beaten, kidnapped, had their buildings burned, etc. It's possible that the Zingareviches may have been involved.... because they are in the industry.

So by that theory they will no sooner sign the deal and Stamford Bridge will go up in flames......... I mean Abramovich is Russian and 'In the industry'

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Jan 2012 17:25

Actually, I read somewhere yesterday (and I can't bothered to dredge it up again) that Boris and Mikhail are basically in semi-retirement having got out of the oligarchy game while they were up. Anton seems to be essentially an independent businessman.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 22 Jan 2012 17:29

I'll only be upset if the new striker ends-up being Anton himself; you know, like Al-Saadi Ghadafi...

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 22 Jan 2012 17:37

Perhaps we can see this as being an investment in Reading as a whole rather than just the football club, there is a prime site for sale not far from the Madstad, Tesco are buying the brewery site, for distribution, hmm we will see. And surely with such high costs of operating within London there is a place for a venues that are accesable and affordable to a good million people within close travelling distance. Reading has excellent transport links to Heathrow etc, Microsoft and many others are here as European HQ's. There is money to be made outside of the football club, getting a foot in the area must help, especially with SJM as your figurehead of the first investment.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Jan 2012 17:42

Zingarograd.

Cypry

by Cypry » 22 Jan 2012 18:50

Can't be bothered to read all of this, so if this has been asked before sorry, but does anyone other than SJM currently own any shares in the club? Howe for example?

It seems a common reaction that if TSI buy 51% of SJMs shares then they control the club, but in fact, if there are any other shareholders who hold between them 2% or more of the total value of the club, then TSI will actually hold less than 50% of the total number of shares. Yes, they'll be the majority shareholders, but if SJM can carry with him the other shareholders (if any) then in actual fact he could retain control in the event of everything going tits up.....

Just a thought....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jan 2012 18:53

Cypry Can't be bothered to read all of this, so if this has been asked before sorry, but does anyone other than SJM currently own any shares in the club? Howe for example?

It seems a common reaction that if TSI buy 51% of SJMs shares then they control the club, but in fact, if there are any other shareholders who hold between them 2% or more of the total value of the club, then TSI will actually hold less than 50% of the total number of shares. Yes, they'll be the majority shareholders, but if SJM can carry with him the other shareholders (if any) then in actual fact he could retain control in the event of everything going tits up.....

Just a thought....

Up until now I don't believe JM has allowed anyone else to own any shares or if they do its a minute holding such as to not make a difference in the manner you suggest.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 22 Jan 2012 19:07

Not to mention that they appear to buying 51% of the shares in the club - not 51% of John Madejski's shares. STAR owns a few shares and so do each of the other Directors, as I understand it. John M owns a substantial block and could easily offload enough to give the new buyer a 51% overall holding and still leave him comfortably placed as the next highest shareholder. I cannot see why they only buy 51% of his shares and leave themselves as a minority voter.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 22 Jan 2012 19:28

I'll post it here as well... The Daily Mail tomorrow running a 'big transfer story' on RFC

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jan 2012 19:30

tomrfcurz I'll post it here as well... The Daily Mail tomorrow running a 'big transfer story' on RFC

come on.. you can't say that and run away? do you know more?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Jan 2012 19:30

Harpers So Solid Crew
Royal With Cheese I'm surprised no one's discussing the expansion of the Mad Stad yet.

I have mentioned it twice in the last couple of days

In this thread?

Please excuse the not being particularly specific part of my post.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 22 Jan 2012 19:32

Friday's Legacy
tomrfcurz I'll post it here as well... The Daily Mail tomorrow running a 'big transfer story' on RFC

come on.. you can't say that and run away? do you know more?

I don't know anymore i'm afraid. Just one of their journo's has confirmed that, and just that.

5145 posts