New Ownership

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New Ownership

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2012 11:33

Now that a takeover is more of a reality, it is amazing how many people don't actually want it. Trouble is, we'd never get another JM. If someone was buying in a small share, that would be fine, but seems they are not. JM's statement seems to say that he's "Chairman" for the time being (ie until it's all tied up) - after that I presume he steps down and this Russian guy steps up and it's making me feel a tad uneasy tbh.

I'd originally read the Daily Mail thing as the guy buying 49% of the shares for £40 million - but if that is wrong and the guy is buying in 51% at first, then he has the major shareholding and no matter what JM might argue, this new guy gets the final say. :cry:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Jan 2012 13:25

everything is being done with the clubs interests being paramount, JM is not about to spoil everything he has worked at building up. there will be some surprise when details are finalised so you will have to wait a few days .

Reading are not about to become the next Man C, the intention is much different, and will satisfy most fans.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 21 Jan 2012 13:26

oh and the info in the mail has a good few errors in it.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 21 Jan 2012 14:06

Harpers So Solid Crew oh and the info in the mail has a good few errors in it.

swap billionaire for millionaire. new investor is supposedly worth around £300m, much the same as john madejski pre recession. if the buyer is indeed the son, then he is very passionate about football and is a young businessman. it feels very much like a younger driven john madejski.