Lies Lies Lies

146 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Lies Lies Lies

by Royal Rother » 29 Aug 2008 14:30

I should imagine SCIAG was coming back at FS's somewhat boorish post with a little light humour that just whooshed past...

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 29 Aug 2008 14:31

Royal Rother I should imagine SCIAG was coming back at FS's somewhat boorish post with a little light humour that just whooshed past...

Please let it be so. I've not had one in a while.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 14:34

Yet more porkies

'Don't need to sell players .......once season starts will only sell them for a hefty premium'.

So where the **** was the heft premium in the Sonko deal?!!!

And if we can rely on Sicknote Duberry so much, how come Stoke went for Sonko rather than buying back their former star defender?! :twisted:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Aug 2008 14:36

RoyalBlue Yet more porkies

'Don't need to sell players .......once season starts will only sell them for a hefty premium'.

In the £2.5m? Like, most of it?

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 29 Aug 2008 14:40

And if we can rely on Sicknote Duberry so much, how come Stoke went for Sonko rather than buying back their former star defender?! :twisted:

Talking of sicknotes, I see Little is back to his old tricks and Murty is going the same way. Armstrong also has a bit of history in this respect, hence the low fee we paid for him. Marek and Gunnar are fast catching up for cult sicknote status.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 14:42

brendywendy LOL

yeah

its so easy to give away someone elses cash innit.
why the feck would you be grateful for your mortgage, its a business, so is this.

the lower the debt the more likely it is he'll be able to sell up, and the quicker you lot can all get the mysterious foreign benefactor who will pump his personal fortune into the club with no wish for a return, that you all wish for.

I guess the departure of that effing massive ego might be a silver lining in the cloud. And if the club need a bit of money then, I'll pay a tenner to help remove one of the seats that help spell out his name!

You talk about 'benefactors' but I don't believe you would have to look too hard to find interviews etc. where Madejski was more than happy to see himself portrayed as a philanthropic benefactor rather than a business man out for himself. How many times did he tug our heart strings with stories about how much of his personal money he was pumping into the club to keep it going? Don't seem to remember hearing him say, I am lending the club a large amount of my money. I'm sure it was very much about spending his money.

If you choose to play the benefactor role to that extent then it is hardly surprising that people get upset if you suddenly switch into business mode and seek to get back what you put in!!

Royal Rother

In the £2.5m? Like, most of it?

In which case, Duberry must be worth eff all!

If Sonko was that crap, he wouldn't be returning to the PL for the second time in recent years.

I would also point out that he was our top scorer so what does that say about those left behind?!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 14:46

i think the only gift of money he talked about was the 1M for lita(though im not sure if it was or not)
everyone else knows full well about the loan structure of money for the stadium etc.

how much is the "fame" of owning a football club earning him money in business deals etc?
are there loads of reading fans doing deals with him just because of his connection to the club?
if not, im not sure how to quantify financially what it is worth to him.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Aug 2008 14:50

Royal Blue, if none of your other boring diatribes at everything the club has done, thought of doing, or been accused of thinking of doing over the last year hadn't achieved it, any reference to Sonko being top scorer (if not followed by a wink) or a veiled assertion that Sonko is better than Duberry disqualifies you from being taken too seriously.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 14:51

Royal Rother I should imagine SCIAG was coming back at FS's somewhat boorish post with a little light humour that just whooshed past...

I was. I made a spelling mistake, so I corrected a correct spelling. Mr Parker, you need to think before you post :lol:.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 29 Aug 2008 14:53

Royal Lady So if we sign anyone between now and Monday - will you call that a "panic buy" as well then?

no as i think we currently have a squad capable to compete in the rigours of the championship,its up the players and no one else now to show form to keep us in and around the top 6.The so called 'panic buys' you seem to think reading will do in return (if any) will be done as stated by management many times before- that we can only react to outgoing transfers-its wholly frustrating but unfortunately we are at the mercy of premiership clubs eager to retain their premiership status or to challenge for the coveted european spot-i cant see why this bamboozles people when it was staring us in the face following relegation.Thus far its only Kitson that has been a 'blow' to lose as it came out of nothing and undeniably was a key player for us, shorey going was expected for so long and we have acted,little going was a suprise but his injury problems are well documented and sonko going is no great surprise after his spat with coppell and earlier rumours of him going and in the long term we have enough defensive cover to cope.There may well be a period of transition at Reading but nothing ever stays the same(a case in point is when Coppell took over and actually changed things around pretty drastically on the playing front),heroes come and go and what better chance for some of our younger players to step up into the first team than now-surely you cant deny that this is a great opportunity and sees Reading run in the same sensible wasy as it has done before or would you prefer expensive flops ie the likes of fae clogging up our squad milking away the clubs financial resources with inadequate or worse still non performances....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 14:57

brendywendy i think the only gift of money he talked about was the 1M for lita(though im not sure if it was or not)
everyone else knows full well about the loan structure of money for the stadium etc.

He may not have used the term gift very often but he frequently pointed out how he was spending his personal money and didn't expect to get it back. It's all about managing expectations and he certainly managed them extremely well in his quest for hero status.

Trouble is, those same expectations are now going to rebound and bite him firmly on his arse!

Royal Rother Royal Blue, if none of your other boring diatribes at everything the club has done, thought of doing, or been accused of thinking of doing over the last year hadn't achieved it, any reference to Sonko being top scorer (if not followed by a wink) or a veiled assertion that Sonko is better than Duberry disqualifies you from being taken too seriously.

Do I care?! I would favour a PL's judgement over yours anyway. It's now difficult to compare the two players as Duberry rarely ventures out of the treatment room but yes, I am serious in my suggestion that in 2008/9 a fit Sonko is a better player than a fit Duberry and I would suggest today's transfer dealings support that. Or maybe Coppell turned down a bid for Duberry but offered them Sonko instead! :lol:
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 29 Aug 2008 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 14:58

You intimated that Sonko was a panic buy by Pulis. I merely asked whether you'd label any purchases by us in the days leading up to the close of the transfer window in the same way.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 29 Aug 2008 14:59

LOL @ lots of people thinking that they actually know how a football club, it's transfers and accounts are actually run because they have played Championship Manager.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 15:20

soggy biscuit LOL @ lots of people thinking that they actually know how a football club, it's transfers and accounts are actually run because they have played Championship Manager.

And LOL at the mugs who hang onto and take as gospel every word that comes out of the mouth of a football chairman!

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 29 Aug 2008 15:25

SCIAG

I was. I made a spelling mistake, so I corrected a correct spelling. Mr Parker, you need to think before you post :lol:.

I will promise nothing until I get my whoosh.

g

by g » 29 Aug 2008 15:28

ROFLeading

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 15:31

LOL @ the mugs blaming Madejski for Coppell's mistakes. LOL @ our three most expensive signings (all Coppell signings) all being shit. LOL @ everyone having a go at Madejski for not giving Coppell any money when Coppell openly comes out in the press and states that there is money to spend if he chooses to bring players in. LOL @ HNA and Reading fans everywhere - Number 13, unlucky for those in search of intelligent life.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 15:31

Royal Lady You intimated that Sonko was a panic buy by Pulis. I merely asked whether you'd label any purchases by us in the days leading up to the close of the transfer window in the same way.

clearly any buys in the next couple of days will be to replace players that we lost in the last few days of the window, so by definition anyone coming in to replace will definatly be a panic buy

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 15:32

Royalee LOL @ the mugs blaming Madejski for Coppell's mistakes. LOL @ our three most expensive signings (all Coppell signings) all being shit. LOL @ everyone having a go at Madejski for not giving Coppell any money when Coppell openly comes out in the press and states that there is money to spend if he chooses to bring players in. LOL @ HNA and Reading fans everywhere - Number 13, unlucky for those in search of intelligent life.

i hate you

but agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

for me it doesnt = coppell out,though

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 15:46

ElmParker
SCIAG

I will promise nothing until I get my whoosh.

Ok, whoosh. For me too. Because I spelt hypercite wrong.

146 posts