Team For Swansea

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Team For Swansea

by Ian Royal » 18 Aug 2009 12:14

Platypuss Armstrong, Kebe, Hunt, Marek, Kelly, Bignall, all unlikely to be fit enough to be considered for tonight according to OS.

Don't be silly, Woodcote says they're fit.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 18 Aug 2009 12:32

Since when does Kebe ever look fit anyway? Get that useless excuse for a footballer off our payroll!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Aug 2009 12:46

I know Kebe divides opinion, but do people seriously not think our team sheet and options looker poorer with him out?

Federici
--------------
Rosenior
Cisse
Pearce
Bertrand
--------------
Karacan
Davies
Robson-Kanu
Tabb
Gunnarsson
--------------
Long

Wouldn't be bothered if Mills comes in for Cisse - he's bound to sooner or later. I don't think it's new news regarding Noel - he's been working his way back from injury for a while now and isn't quite there yet. Will come on off the bench. Would like Bryn's cool head in the middle of the park for this one.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Aug 2009 12:49

Maguire I know Kebe divides opinion, but do people seriously not think our team sheet and options looker poorer with him out?

Nope, they're much improved as we have 11 men on the pitch who won't bottle everything.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2009 12:51

totally ignoring the tracking back, tackling, and heading of the ball i saw him totally not bottle on saturday?
it looked like he had developed som ebottle from the comfort of my armchair

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Aug 2009 12:52

brendywendy totally ignoring the tracking back, tackling, and heading of the ball i made up on saturday?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2009 12:54

tis the lowest for of wit royalee
youve done nothing for yourself by using it you know.

i have it recorded, if you want i can send it to you.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Aug 2009 12:56

brendywendy tis the lowest for of wit royalee

I watched the game thanks, which is clearly more than can be said for you.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 18 Aug 2009 12:58

tee peg I think we will beat them if we repeat the Newcastle performance.

The new shape, new system and for some of them, a new level. It's a sharp leaning curve, but one most of them will overcome. BR has a long term programme and they are all still leraning where they fit in.

The Swans arn't the team from last season so I don't see why we can't take away all 3 points. (Having said that, I'd settle for just the one).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2009 12:59

Royalee
brendywendy tis the lowest for of wit royalee

I watched the game thanks, which is clearly more than can be said for you.

you sir are a tedious little man

i watched every second of the game you nobjockey

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Aug 2009 13:00

You need a new pair of specs then.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Aug 2009 13:00

Maguire I know Kebe divides opinion, but do people seriously not think our team sheet and options looker poorer with him out?

It certainly does when you replace a winger with Gunnarsson. Four central midfielders and one winger doesn't make for the most attacking line up in the world.

I'd expect to see Robson-Kanu on the left and Church on the right tonight, although personally I'd still rather see Henry given a start over both of them.

If it was me we'd line up: Federici, Rosenoir, Mills, Pearce, Bertrand, Harper, Karacan, Davies, Robson-Kanu, Henry, Long

I expect to see: Federici, Rosenoir, Cisse, Pearce, Bertrand, Tabb, Karacan, Davies, Robson-Kanu, Church, Long

Either way it does still look a bit lacking in attacking threat, but until we add a forward and a winger to the squad (and get Hunt and Matejovksy) it will do.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 18 Aug 2009 13:00

Federici
--------------
Rosenior
Cisse
Pearce
Bertrand
--------------
Karacan
Davies
Robson-Kanu
Tabb
Gunnarsson
--------------
Long

Wouldn't be bothered if Mills comes in for Cisse - he's bound to sooner or later. I don't think it's new news regarding Noel - he's been working his way back from injury for a while now and isn't quite there yet. Will come on off the bench. Would like Bryn's cool head in the middle of the park for this one.

They look worse if you include 4 central players for 3 places and only one wide player - I guess you are re-visiting the old Tabb as a wide left player?

According to the OS (http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 24,00.html) Church is available so I reckon he or Henry will play with Robson-Kanu and probably the same central 3 as the other games. I agree that Gunnar (or Harper) could be useful today so personally would play one of them insted of Tabb.

As you say Hunt will come off the bench.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Aug 2009 13:02

Royalee You need a new pair of specs then.

thank you mr dolland

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Aug 2009 13:11

Hoop Blah

It certainly does when you replace a winger with Gunnarsson. Four central midfielders and one winger doesn't make for the most attacking line up in the world.

I'd expect to see Robson-Kanu on the left and Church on the right tonight, although personally I'd still rather see Henry given a start over both of them.

If it was me we'd line up: Federici, Rosenoir, Mills, Pearce, Bertrand, Harper, Karacan, Davies, Robson-Kanu, Henry, Long

I expect to see: Federici, Rosenoir, Cisse, Pearce, Bertrand, Tabb, Karacan, Davies, Robson-Kanu, Church, Long

Either way it does still look a bit lacking in attacking threat, but until we add a forward and a winger to the squad (and get Hunt and Matejovksy) it will do.

Well Davies could play on the right I guess, although I accept that's an untested role. Or Tabb on the left.

Church on the right is the more obvious choice given team selections thus far but if you play him and HRK wide then I stand by my belief that we're less dangerous without Kebe.

AVII - all fair points

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 18 Aug 2009 13:14

Hoop Blah

Rodgers' likes his wingers cutting in, so I expect Church on the left and Kanu on the right.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Aug 2009 13:25

SteveRoyal
Hoop Blah

Rodgers' likes his wingers cutting in, so I expect Church on the left and Kanu on the right.

Yeah that could be the way he goes.

From the flashes I saw of Robson-Kanu on loan, he likes to cut in quite a bit from the left anyway and that looked to be how he scored his goals at Swindon.

At a time when we're struggling to impose ourselves on the opposition and create any decent chances I'd rather see these players playing in the positions that they're a bit more comfortable with (don't forget Kebe was predominantly a left winger before Coppell stuck him on the right).

Maguire, I agree we look a little les threatening without Kebe, but I'd hate to see Tabb or Davies shunted out wide.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Aug 2009 13:32

Fed

Rosie
Mills
Pearce
Bertrand

Cisse
Karacan
Siggurdson

Kanu
Long
Davies

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 18 Aug 2009 13:54

Fed

Rosie
Mills
Pearce
Bertrand

Cisse
Karacan
Davies

Kanu
Long
Church

I think Rodgers will play the above team. I can't honestly pick what my midfield and forward line would be, as I don't think any of them are good enough!!