Khalifa Cisse

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Khalifa Cisse

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2010 17:16

Cisse is not complete rubbish.

But he is not as good as Tabb, Karacan, Gunnarsson or even Howard in the defensive midfield position. He has fairly major weaknesses when it comes to passing, awareness and positioning.

Is he good enough to keep when we could do with streamlining the squad and are already looking to keep Gunnarsson for the experience and versatility? No chance, not even remotely.

Gunnarsson has proved time and time again he can and will put in great performances. Cisse has proved time and again he might occasionally put in a really good performance. The fact that Cisse has barely featured since Brian settled in must surely speak volumes.

Comparing him with Kebe is stupid. Kebe always looked dangerous, but was obviously a flair player who failed to deliver the final ball, get that right and he was a winner as we've seen. Cisse is a defensive player and is distinctly average with many flaws in his game that just aren't easy to correct and turn him into a genius.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 10 May 2010 18:46

I think people are a bit hard on Cisse. Don't forget he played a significant number of games in 2008/9 when we were 4th (28 plus 12). Having said that I also prefer the other options of Tabb, Howard, Karacan and Gunnar, but Cisse also provides cover at centre back. If Gunnar does not accept the new deal then Cisse will most likely stay.

In any case unless someone else a/ wants to buy him or b/ wants him on loan - then he will be here all next season. We cannot just get rid of players who are under contract.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 10 May 2010 19:28

andrew1957 I think people are a bit hard on Cisse. Don't forget he played a significant number of games in 2008/9 when we were 4th (28 plus 12). Having said that I also prefer the other options of Tabb, Howard, Karacan and Gunnar, but Cisse also provides cover at centre back. If Gunnar does not accept the new deal then Cisse will most likely stay.

In any case unless someone else a/ wants to buy him or b/ wants him on loan - then he will be here all next season. We cannot just get rid of players who are under contract.

The trouble is he seems so slow and clumsy. He really isn't a central midfield player. An emergency centre-back maybe..but thats about it.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 13 May 2010 22:56

SpaceCruiser
Agent Balti Bag of Cement >>>> Cisse. Cisse can't trap a bag of cement. It's the circle of life.

^^^^ this. For a professional player, it's so shocking how poor his first touch is.

He's shit. I seem to remember a thread not so long ago, started by SKB (I think), ranting about how shit Kebe was and I said Cisse was even worse. Having seen how much Kebe has impoved, I feel I have been proven correct with my assertion that Cisse is the worst player in the squad.

Not me Spacey - always been well pro Kebe.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 May 2010 01:03

Tabb>>>>>Cisse
Gunnar>>>Cisse

That would point to..... SELLING CISSE

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 May 2010 10:17

Super Kevin Bremner!
SpaceCruiser
Agent Balti Bag of Cement >>>> Cisse. Cisse can't trap a bag of cement. It's the circle of life.

^^^^ this. For a professional player, it's so shocking how poor his first touch is.

He's shit. I seem to remember a thread not so long ago, started by SKB (I think), ranting about how shit Kebe was and I said Cisse was even worse. Having seen how much Kebe has impoved, I feel I have been proven correct with my assertion that Cisse is the worst player in the squad.

was probably hugo - hes a massive kebe h8ter

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 May 2010 10:54

Wycombe Royal We can't afford players on his level of wages as back up players. The higher earning players need to be regualr starters and if they aren't then the money is being wasted and can be used better in other areas of the team.

Exactly this, and the fact that McDermott obviously hasn't been impressed with his input when called upon.

I'm sure we'll be able to offload him to someone, even if we just let him go for nothing to save on the wages.

I'd rather have Gunarrsson than Cisse as he's the better player and he's far more consistent and versatile.

Bit of a no brainer really!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 May 2010 11:14

Super Kevin Bremner!
SpaceCruiser

Sorry - for some reason I always confuse you with Hugo.

Messiah
Location: Its not about your achievements in life, its about what you overcome

by Messiah » 14 May 2010 11:35

:|

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 14 May 2010 14:45

Cisse will be no great loss to us.