The generic transfer thread

10573 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by genome » 14 Jun 2022 09:40

NathStPaul
genome Spurs agree deal with Brighton for Bissouma, £25m.

Excellent transfer, just what they need. Hopefully they can get a few more through the door and push on next season. They won't get close to Liverpool or City just yet but can certainly see them being the best of the rest.

Agreed. I think 3rd is a pretty good shout, and then a proper run at the cups.

Spurs nearly pipped Chelsea to 3rd last season, so considering a bunch of their defenders are leaving (Christensen, Rudiger, and I think Azpilicueta and Alonso might be off?) I think Chelsea are in for a tougher season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jun 2022 09:45

genome
NathStPaul

Excellent transfer, just what they need. Hopefully they can get a few more through the door and push on next season. They won't get close to Liverpool or City just yet but can certainly see them being the best of the rest.

Spurs nearly pipped Chelsea to 3rd last season, so considering a bunch of their defenders are leaving (Christensen, Rudiger, and I think Azpilicueta and Alonso might be off?) I think Chelsea are in for a tougher season.

They need a really high level centre back, they lack a bit of leadership and a cool head. Koulibaly at Napoli is someone might be worth looking at, Chelsea are currently sniffing around him. Only a year left on his deal too so wouldn't cost a fortune.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jun 2022 09:47

NathStPaul
genome
NathStPaul Excellent transfer, just what they need. Hopefully they can get a few more through the door and push on next season. They won't get close to Liverpool or City just yet but can certainly see them being the best of the rest.

They need a really high level centre back, they lack a bit of leadership and a cool head. Koulibaly at Napoli is someone might be worth looking at, Chelsea are currently sniffing around him. Only a year left on his deal too so wouldn't cost a fortune.

Spurs or Chelsea?

Spurs have got Romero who is next level but he's absolutely fcuking mental

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jun 2022 09:50

genome
NathStPaul
genome

Spurs or Chelsea?

Spurs and Chelsea could both do with him but I was referring to Spurs as I don't mind them doing well. Chelsea can get fcuked.

Romero is decent enough but like you say, he is a little hot headed. A centre back pairing of Koulibaly and Romero would be very decent. Probably won't happen though, would mean Spurs breaking the bank on wages.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jun 2022 09:51

NathStPaul
genome
NathStPaul They need a really high level centre back, they lack a bit of leadership and a cool head. Koulibaly at Napoli is someone might be worth looking at, Chelsea are currently sniffing around him. Only a year left on his deal too so wouldn't cost a fortune.

Spurs or Chelsea?

Spurs and Chelsea could both do with him but I was referring to Spurs as I don't mind them doing well. Chelsea can get fcuked.

Romero is decent enough but like you say, he is a little hot headed. A centre back pairing of Koulibaly and Romero would be very decent. Probably won't happen though, would mean Spurs breaking the bank on wages.

I wouldn't sleep on Eric Dier to be honest. He was excellent under Conte, seriously good, I feel like it went under the radar for a lot of people including Southgate. I can see him getting an England call up.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jun 2022 09:56

genome
NathStPaul
genome
Spurs or Chelsea?

I wouldn't sleep on Eric Dier to be honest. He was excellent under Conte, seriously good, I feel like it went under the radar for a lot of people including Southgate. I can see him getting an England call up.

Issue I have with Dier is until now he doesn't know what he is meant to be. He has been played in various positions across the back and midfield over the past few seasons. I think Conte has made it very clear that under him, Dier will be a centre back which has helped with his focus. He has a rash decision in him though, I worry he and Romero will end up giving away a lot of silly free kicks or penalties.

Agree on the England recall purely as a centre back, would have liked to have seen him in the Nations League squad. Not sure what is to be gained from seeing Stones and Maguire at the back in these games, we know they are a compentent pairing.

BROB0T
Hob Nob Regular

by BROB0T » 14 Jun 2022 12:05

NathStPaul

Gr8 business deal as well...he'll be worth £40M+ the minute he pulls on a Spurs shirt

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2022 13:45

Stranded
Sanguine A bit of a surprise this - he seemed nailed on for Liverpool with his links to Klopp, but Christian Pulisic is to join Chelsea for €64m, staying on loan at Dortmund until the summer. Very, very good signing, he's been a great prospect for years, and keeps getting better.

Rumoured that Liverpool turned their attentions some time ago to RB Leipzig's Timo Werner.

Be interesting to see how this works out, Pulisic is a great player but Dortmund have improved this season without him really being a part of it - hence why they are happy to sell at a very decent price. Would imagine he will be a replacement for Hazard hence why he is staying til the summer.

Apparently Pulisic to Liverpool may still be on the cards this or next summer.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jun 2022 15:24

Man Utd in talks with Christian Eriksen

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 14 Jun 2022 18:07

Bissouma to spurs according to my source Daniel Levy

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Jun 2022 18:22

If only someone had already mentioned that or it was all over the papers

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jun 2022 19:11

Scott Carson signs one year contract extension at Manchester City. What a gig that is.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Jun 2022 09:32

Loafer Bissouma to spurs according to my source Daniel Levy

Not sure that would be a good signing

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Jun 2022 09:33

NathStPaul Scott Carson signs one year contract extension at Manchester City. What a gig that is.

Great gig, never has to play! Or once a season

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jun 2022 17:30

Reports that Arsenal are about to sign midfielder Fabio Vieira from Porto for around €40M.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 17 Jun 2022 15:11

BREAKING!

Just spoke to Jurgen Klopp on a zoom call and he said MANE HAS BEEN SOLD for 35 mill!!!!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Jun 2022 15:32

Bissouma to Spurs confimred

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Jun 2022 19:43

Loafer BREAKING!

Just spoke to Jurgen Klopp on a zoom call and he said MANE HAS BEEN SOLD for 35 mill!!!!!

It was in this morning's papers and you have posted in the afternoon..
Did you speak to Klopp in German?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 17 Jun 2022 20:38

South Coast Royal
Loafer BREAKING!

It was in this morning's papers and you have posted in the afternoon..
Did you speak to Klopp in German?

He speaks English

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Jun 2022 09:13

Southampton sign goalkeeper Gavin Bazuna for £12.5M who has played 2 seasons in League 1

10573 posts