Glen Little

twat in the hat

Glen Little

by twat in the hat » 23 Jul 2006 13:35

one of the stars of last season, it looks as if he is being left out of the team and forgotten by some fans?

correct me if im wrong and he has retired or he has moved to a different club, but i think he will definately make a difference to the royals premiership campaign if he is still at the club and within the team.

anyone else think so?

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 23 Jul 2006 13:41

He played yesterday. Was average

twat in the hat

by twat in the hat » 23 Jul 2006 13:44

I guess in a pre season friendly? i went to watch crewe vs liverpool yesterday and i must admit liverpool were looking a bit rusty, but isnt that what pre-season friendlys are for? pointing out the weaknesses and improving on them?

though he may be lacking in pace against the opposition, his skills and determination definately made him stand out for me last season.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 23 Jul 2006 13:47

Not against good full backs. In the CCC he was making the full backs look stupid at times because they didn't keep they're feet or was predicting too quickly. In the premiership it, more than likely, will be a case of having a hell of alot lost balls on the right this season, if he runs at the players too much. They are top quality full backs playing at top class football, and are experienced. They won't be fooled as easily as the players last season.

twat in the hat

by twat in the hat » 23 Jul 2006 13:51

good point but if balls start being lost on the right, wont changes be made?

im just worried that so far with the lack of players signed to the club from other clubs, we could end up facing the possibility of being relegated. though little is a good player, he could be replaced, but as this doesnt look likely at the moment from the signings we have made so far, i still think he would be a star player within the team.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 23 Jul 2006 14:59

twat in the hat good point but if balls start being lost on the right, wont changes be made?

im just worried that so far with the lack of players signed to the club from other clubs, we could end up facing the possibility of being relegated. though little is a good player, he could be replaced, but as this doesnt look likely at the moment from the signings we have made so far, i still think he would be a star player within the team.

:roll:

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 23 Jul 2006 15:02

This is where Seol Hi-Kyeon (sp?) comes in

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 23 Jul 2006 15:06

I think personally Glen will do ok next season, he won't have the same kind of consistent success he had last season, but he is still capable of taking a man on with his quick feet whoever he's up against. Glen Little is a quality player who I think could finally make the impact on the top division he's been threatening to do in the past.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jul 2006 15:09

twat in the hat good point but if balls start being lost on the right, wont changes be made?

We could sign a boat load of players and we would still be facing the possibility of being relegated. Little got injured at the tail end of last season and struggled to get fit. He's one of the older players in the squad and might not last the full pace of a Premiership game too often, we're in the middle of a heatwave and you're expecting him to be tearing up defences and gaining plaudits in pre season friendlies? Whilst there are question over whether he can make the step up at this stage of his career (a question which hangs over most of the squad if we're honest), I haven't seen anyone doubting him and hadn't really given it a thought until you suggested it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Glen Little

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jul 2006 15:20

twat in the hat one of the stars of last season, it looks as if he is being left out of the team and forgotten by some fans?
He was injured at the end of the season, probably behind the other players in terms of fitness and therefore not ready for playing in friendlies.

If the new home shirt hadn't been so crap I would have got Little 7 printed on the back as he's one player I admire and am confident will be doing the business next season.

Hyundai Coupe

by Hyundai Coupe » 23 Jul 2006 16:01

Little was our best player last season, so don't knock him until he shows what he can do in the Prem.

by 1960 » 23 Jul 2006 16:04

He first came to national prominence when he took the Tottenham (Premiership) defence apart in a cup match for Burnley. If he's done it before he could do it again.

Mind you, Tottenham...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2006 16:23

Little was awesome in the championship because he is so skillfull and the ball just sticks to his feet. This will set him in good stead in the premiership. the defenders will be better, but only a few of them are that much better to top him. The biggest problem is the combination of the improvement in skill level and that you don't get many slow premiership full backs. Little's lack of pace is the only reason he doesn't play for one of the upper middle prem teams

He's not going to play full games or a full season, but he will do a good job for us.

FozzieMcgregor

by FozzieMcgregor » 23 Jul 2006 17:36

Personally I think he'll be used in combination with Oster/Seol over the course of a match - i.e. Little starts, then should he tire, Oster comes on - or Seol starts, with he and Convey switching flanks as the game merits, then Little comes on for one of them later in the game.

Just an opinion, mind - I don't actually claim to know anything.

twat in the hat

by twat in the hat » 23 Jul 2006 18:52

i didnt start this thread to critise Little if that what it looks like? I started it as i feel that hes being forgotten because from what i have read so far, everyone seems to be concentrating on Convey and other players which i dont feel did as good a job as Little did last season.

starbug

by starbug » 23 Jul 2006 21:51

I dont think Little got the credit he deserved last season, he was simply sublime. I felt we really missed him when he was injured, more so than any other player last season who was injured/missed games.

Regardless of pace he has that rare ability to run at defenders and get past, so at the very least we should get a good few free kicks around the box. He's akward and extremely difficult to read so I'm confident he'll do well, although I'm not sure he'll be fit enough to play 90 mins in every game. Here's hoping.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 23 Jul 2006 23:32

I think Glen will do ok for one simple reason:

Full backs in lower leagues are more defensive and focus more on tackling. Whereas, in the premiership the full-backs tend to have a more attacking mindset.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Jul 2006 23:35

Little will be fine. His age isn't a problem as he hardly has much pace to lose. He's awkward, technically brilliant and will be a handful for any left back. His crossing will be a massive factor of how we do also. As long as he stays fit he'll be excellent again for us.

Finally anyone judging players on pre season games is a grade A pillock.

twat in the hat

by twat in the hat » 23 Jul 2006 23:56

yeh i agree with alan partridge as little is a star player and will cause all sorts of problems within the premiership! just glad im not the only one thinking that

:)

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 24 Jul 2006 08:53

twat in the hat i went to watch crewe vs liverpool yesterday

Why?

Are you a bin dipper from the city of self pity?