WHERE'S THE PASSION?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

WHERE'S THE PASSION?

by Millsy » 23 Dec 2006 17:02

WHERE'S THE F@CKING PASSION?

135 years of battling with the roughest and toughest lower leagues and now we have no passion AT HOME against Premiership softboys.

WTF is going on?

2nd half - destroyed them, only after Lita came on and somehow kickstarted the team into having some bloody passion at last. But even then didn't have the bite to take a fecking shot at goal!!! And Oster - consistently horrendously bad.

WHERE'S TE PASSION RFC - HAVE WE FORGOTTEN WHO WE ARE?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 23 Dec 2006 17:06

Patience......

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

Re: WHERE'S THE PASSION?

by AbovetheI » 23 Dec 2006 17:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup WHERE'S THE F@CKING PASSION?

135 years of battling with the roughest and toughest lower leagues and now we have no passion AT HOME against Premiership softboys.

WTF is going on?

2nd half - destroyed them, only after Lita came on and somehow kickstarted the team into having some bloody passion at last. But even then didn't have the bite to take a fecking shot at goal!!! And Oster - consistently horrendously bad.

You can't knock Oster he was on for all of 20 minutes. There was no bite today, a lack of cutting edge and a lot of long balls (ffs Marcus) and they contained us easily. And i couldn't have been more true about Johnson. I said he will score, he did, I said he'll mock the supporters, he did, and i'm sure there will be a lot of unhappy nobbers complaining about him now. And you know what, it's you own bloody fault.

dan19

by dan19 » 23 Dec 2006 17:33

AbovetheI

WTF is going on?

You can't knock Oster he was on for all of 20 minutes. There was no bite today, a lack of cutting edge and a lot of long balls (ffs Marcus) and they contained us easily. And i couldn't have been more true about Johnson. I said he will score, he did, I said he'll mock the supporters, he did, and i'm sure there will be a lot of unhappy nobbers complaining about him now. And you know what, it's you own bloody fault.

Its true, you did say he was gonna score, i was sitting next to ya!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Dec 2006 17:33

So that's what that smell was. :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Dec 2006 17:38

AbovetheI

WTF is going on?

To me Oster was totally ineffective and made many bum passes - yes he was only on for 20mins but fresh legs against tired legs should should do much better - but you may be right he didn't lose us the game it was juts a minor observation which may have been wrong.

AJ - fair play to him, he is certainly a decent player. No moaning from me he's class when he doesn't dive. And no moaning from me about the ungiven penalty either.

At the end of the day - no passion adn when we did as you say no bite. This isn't my Reading.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Dec 2006 17:40

You make a valid point, but how many of Osters team mates made loose passes? If i was of the complaining type i'd be slating Seol and Hunt before any other of todays losers.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 23 Dec 2006 17:46

Can we get off Oster's back for once, please, give him a chance. He wasn't too bad when he came on, certainly upped the impetus. Start Lita against Chelski instead of the once again useless Seol and we may have a fighting chance.

WSRL

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Dec 2006 17:50

AbovetheI You make a valid point, but how many of Osters team mates made loose passes? If i was of the complaining type i'd be slating Seol and Hunt before any other of todays losers.

Oster has been the biatch of this forum for a long time now :?

You can't win if you don't score. Even when we do, we try to hang on for 1-0's.

Andrew Johnson must love playing us. He's probably laughing all the way home.

So much for the 'slight blip on the radar, just a bad day at the office, all will be well next week vs. Everton'.

One point from the last twelve aganst Newcastle, Watford, Blackburn and Everton...with Chelsea away and Man Yoo away up next :shock:
Last edited by Denver Royal on 23 Dec 2006 17:54, edited 2 times in total.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Dec 2006 17:51

I think that there is passion at the mo - Murts is fired up, Sidwell frustrated, Lita playing with real hunger.

It's unfair to say that the players don't care and even more unfair to pick out individuals in another game of two halves.

There were the usual moments that we've come to expect from Reading - we saw the best and worst of Sonko, for example, when, in the second half, he completely fluffed his clearance about two feet, but then won the ball back immediately with a cracking challenge. We also saw creativity in attack, with Blakey playing some absolutely sublime football, and Sidders bursting forward.

I accept that we had some shocking moments. The first half was almost as bad as the second last week and we were fortunate to go in to the break at 0-1.

I'm rambling really, but I think that we should keep an open mind, keep the faith and accept that we're not playing Stoke and Luton every week. We're playing top class internationals these days and we should be grateful that Reading is a club that can be recognisable to millions around the world who watch this fantastic league of ours.

At the start of the season, the general feeling was that they'd be happy if there were only 16 teams better than us at the end of the season and some perspective should be recaptured in some circles.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 23 Dec 2006 18:04

Do you think Lita might get a start now then?

Btw, at the start of the season, we had a bit of luck and stuff generally went our way. It isn't at the minute, but we really need to put everything in perspective. All we need to do is stay up this year and hopefully this will still happen..

Always thought we would lose to Everton, was disappointed about the blackburn game, but I can sense us grabbing a point at Chelsea. We'll get stuffed by Utd, so really its the West Ham game that is crucial..

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Dec 2006 18:38

PAradoxically, i think the Chelsea and ManU trips are coming at a good time. They could be an opportunity to get some fighting spirit back.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 23 Dec 2006 19:21

WTF?! Oster?! Why are you picking on him??? He didn't play badly today you tit (add an S on for each who agreed).

He made ONE I mean ONE bad pass.

I could pick out 3 or 4 players that played worse today.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Dec 2006 19:23

Weren't the Everton fans poor, 2-0 up and they didnt sing, atall! Pathetic really, we still sung, and if anyone questions our support then that makes them a tit.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 19:35

WTF is going on?

I think you mean 'where's the quality'. We fielded a weaker team than the one we had in the Championship today and we've been lucky with injuries this season compared to others. Hahnemann's distribution, Ingimarsson's tracking and marking, Harper, Hunt, Seol and Little's speed and fitness were all not good enough today and our squad isn't good enough for the Premiership.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 23 Dec 2006 19:45

again seol was fcuking lifeless and awful. :evil:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 23 Dec 2006 19:47

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo WTF?! Oster?! Why are you picking on him??? He didn't play badly today you tit (add an S on for each who agreed).

He made ONE I mean ONE bad pass.

I could pick out 3 or 4 players that played worse today.

Agreed. Oster was our best winger today and Shorey finally got some options when he came on. Little looked unfit and slow and Hunt just hasn't got it I'm afraid for all his effort.

Boston Royal

by Boston Royal » 23 Dec 2006 19:52

We were significantly better than against Blackburn, although that's not a high hurdle. A decent amount of possession, and we might have got something but for a terrible refereeing decision and gaping defensive errors (particularly for the second goal). Aside from temporarily lapses, the main disappointment was consistently bad crosses which often failed to beat the first defender.

Seol was great for us earlier in the season but is going through a rough patch at the moment; I'd start with Lita and think Seol could do a job on the bench. Hunt tries hard but unfortunately just isn't a Premiership player (he wasn't even a starter in the Championship); I'd have Little and Oster on the wings if one of them can play on the left. Neither Little nor Oster are doing great at the moment but I think are better than our other current options. Hopefully Kitson and Convey come back soon.

At the moment I'd go with:

Hahnemann
Shorey, Ingimarsson, Sonko, Murty
Little, Harper, Sidwell, Oster
Doyle, Lita
Last edited by Boston Royal on 23 Dec 2006 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Sinbad
Location: On cloud nine until at least the end of 06/07 season

today

by Captain Sinbad » 23 Dec 2006 20:08

Seol was great in the first few games - new club, playing IN position and all that. Now he's out of position, he's lazy, first touch as bad as Keith Scott. Hunty is great with the tricks and has the heart of a lion and the running of a cheetah but the basics elude him.

Leroy up front from now on and Oster to start on the left. Blakey is unfit cos he's been injured and needs another 3 hard games to get the fitness back.

The team's problem is they have lost the confidence they had in the first twelve games.

It could just be that as a team, we haven't quite made the step up. Some individually good players (liek cough, spit; Johnson) would make a real difference in Jan. No continental flair players. Just a hard grafter with some skill and steel. Don't ask me who though, that's Coppell's job.

Hard to see where the next points are coming from though.

Retired Fisherman

by Retired Fisherman » 23 Dec 2006 20:12

Boston Royal We were significantly better than against Blackburn, although that's not a high hurdle. A decent amount of possession, and we might have got something but for a terrible refereeing decision and gaping defensive errors (particularly for the second goal). Aside from temporarily lapses, the main disappointment was consistently bad crosses which often failed to beat the first defender.

Seol was great for us earlier in the season but is going through a rough patch at the moment; I'd start with Lita and think Seol could do a job on the bench. Hunt tries hard but unfortunately just isn't a Premiership player (he wasn't even a starter in the Championship); I'd have Little and Oster on the wings if one of them can play on the left. Neither Little nor Oster are doing great at the moment but I think are better than our other current options. Hopefully Kitson and Convey come back soon.

I'd go with:

Hahnemann
Shorey, Ingimarsson, Sonko, Murty
Little, Harper, Sidwell, Oster
Doyle, Kitson

You'd go with that for who?