Coach 9 yesterday

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

Coach 9 yesterday

by ayjaydee » 04 Feb 2007 14:38

Bloddy driver got lost coming out of Manchester, we'd been on the road 3 hours and hadn't reached Brum!!

Question to Star Travel. Is there no laid down maximum travel period without having to stop for a comfort break? We had been on the coach for in excess of 4 hours before a quick pit-stop at Warwick. ( I believe this stop only occurred beacuse one or two people, myself included were complaining).

And why only 15 mins, barely time to get to the toilet and back let alone get a bite to eat. Do you think we are all going to go home and rustle up a quick snack at 11 o something at night?

Now I now why I do not use the coach travel too often.

Rant over!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 04 Feb 2007 14:42

Why no Executive Coach for travel as far as Manchester?

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 04 Feb 2007 18:43

Might have actually seen this coach wandering around close to the City Centre. Wasnt there a convoy back to the Motorway

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 04 Feb 2007 19:18

AndyRFC Might have actually seen this coach wandering around close to the City Centre. Wasnt there a convoy back to the Motorway

Yeah and coach 9 got itself detached from the convoy and decided to show us the sights of Oldham!

STAR TRAVEL

Re: Coach 9 yesterday

by STAR TRAVEL » 04 Feb 2007 19:49

[quote="ayjaydee"]Bloddy driver got lost coming out of Manchester, we'd been on the road 3 hours and hadn't reached Brum!!

Question to Star Travel. Is there no laid down maximum travel period without having to stop for a comfort break? We had been on the coach for in excess of 4 hours before a quick pit-stop at Warwick. ( I believe this stop only occurred beacuse one or two people, myself included were complaining).

And why only 15 mins, barely time to get to the toilet and back let alone get a bite to eat. Do you think we are all going to go home and rustle up a quick snack at 11 o something at night?

Right at this moment I am unable to ascertain how or why coach 9 got detached from the convoy. There would not have been fours hours before a comfort stop had this not been the case. It will be looked into on Monday during normal office hours.

doylefan

by doylefan » 04 Feb 2007 20:41

ayjaydee Bloddy driver got lost coming out of Manchester, we'd been on the road 3 hours and hadn't reached Brum!!

Rant over!

kept hearing that coach 9 had got lost, wondered what happened

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 04 Feb 2007 20:57

LOL @ the bloke whos coach left without him at the services :lol:

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 04 Feb 2007 21:12

Farnborough Royal LOL @ the bloke whos coach left without him at the services :lol:
What happend to him?

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 04 Feb 2007 21:17

Farnborough Royal LOL @ the bloke whos coach left without him at the services :lol:

:lol: im ALOL

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Feb 2007 13:28

I'm not surprised someone got lost, I've never seen such dreadful signposting around a place before and not just the fact that Eastlands or the City of Manchester Stadium are not signposted anywhere apart from right outside the place - in fact if they hadn't have a picture of a football next to the Sportcity sign plenty would probably have sailed right by the turnings to it.

Add to that the badly signposted fact that the link road from the M56 to M6 was closed and its no wonder people were delayed.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 05 Feb 2007 14:00

Barry the bird boggler I'm not surprised someone got lost, I've never seen such dreadful signposting around a place before and not just the fact that Eastlands or the City of Manchester Stadium are not signposted anywhere apart from right outside the place - in fact if they hadn't have a picture of a football next to the Sportcity sign plenty would probably have sailed right by the turnings to it.

Add to that the badly signposted fact that the link road from the M56 to M6 was closed and its no wonder people were delayed.

Thank god for sat nav 8)

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 05 Feb 2007 18:22

Does anyone know why M56 was closed?

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 05 Feb 2007 19:57

At least your coach was warm, Coach 7 was freezin!!!!!

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 05 Feb 2007 21:24

The_Cat
What happend to him?

There was a spare seat on ours.

66DD

by 66DD » 05 Feb 2007 23:00

biscuitsrus Does anyone know why M56 was closed?

It was owing to long term road works. The closure over this weekend had been advertised for weeks in a number of service stations on the M6 as well as signage on the M6 & M56.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 06 Feb 2007 14:35

66DD
biscuitsrus Does anyone know why M56 was closed?

It was owing to long term road works. The closure over this weekend had been advertised for weeks in a number of service stations on the M6 as well as signage on the M6 & M56.

Fortunately my daily activity only takes me as far East as Herne Bay as far South as Portsmouth and as far North as Cambridge. I dont have cause to travel up the M6 except on a matchday.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Feb 2007 16:18

Farnborough Royal
The_Cat
What happend to him?

There was a spare seat on ours.
Why was there a spare seat on yours?

Did you leave someone in Manchester?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 07 Feb 2007 07:40

STAR TRAVEL
ayjaydee Bloddy driver got lost coming out of Manchester, we'd been on the road 3 hours and hadn't reached Brum!!

Right at this moment I am unable to ascertain how or why coach 9 got detached from the convoy. There would not have been fours hours before a comfort stop had this not been the case. It will be looked into on Monday during normal office hours.

Any response/excuse from Horsemans then?

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 08 Feb 2007 07:46

ayjaydee
STAR TRAVEL

We have received an apology from Horseman's, for more info come in to the STAR HQ.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 08 Feb 2007 08:05

STAR TRAVEL
ayjaydee
STAR TRAVEL

We have received an apology from Horseman's, for more info come in to the STAR HQ.

STAR HQ??!! You mean the porta kabin outside the jazz club? :lol: