Away Day Specials

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Away Day Specials

by SWLR » 08 Feb 2008 14:13

The Fulham Express - http://secure.thomascooksport.com/fulham_train.php

reminded me of Sunny Scunny etc, should we not be arranging something similar in this critical period?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Away Day Specials

by Compo's Hat » 08 Feb 2008 15:15

£30 isn't bad for the trip, but...

Please note that by law, NO alcohol is allowed to be taken onboard or consumed on this train.

If i wanted to take the train, then i'd be wanting to drink alcoholic beverages.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 10 Feb 2008 16:08

Compo's Hat £30 isn't bad for the trip, but...

Please note that by law, NO alcohol is allowed to be taken onboard or consumed on this train.

If i wanted to take the train, then i'd be wanting to drink alcoholic beverages.

Yes, that does rather scupper the whole idea.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Feb 2008 14:13

With relegation looking a real possibility, I predicted last week the away game at Wigan will be crucial to our chances of survival. We'll also get a maximum of 4,000 tickets allocated behind the goal, which is an opportunity to get a real good away following behind the team.

I would ask STAR to investigate the possibility of getting something arranged to get people up at the JJB for this game, cheap tickets at £15/£20.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 11 Feb 2008 16:53

RG30 With relegation looking a real possibility, I predicted last week the away game at Wigan will be crucial to our chances of survival. We'll also get a maximum of 4,000 tickets allocated behind the goal, which is an opportunity to get a real good away following behind the team.

I would ask STAR to investigate the possibility of getting something arranged to get people up at the JJB for this game, cheap tickets at £15/£20.

i was thinking the same. However the cheap travel up to Manchester did not really seem to have to bigger effect.I for once will be going just so i can stand at the back and not be hassled.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 11 Feb 2008 18:51

RG30 With relegation looking a real possibility, I predicted last week the away game at Wigan will be crucial to our chances of survival. We'll also get a maximum of 4,000 tickets allocated behind the goal, which is an opportunity to get a real good away following behind the team.

I'd echo that sentiment. Wigan is a crap place to go as a fan. Long journey, crap atmosphere - although the tickets are cheap. It's a shame when we only sell about a 1000-1500 tickets for the game when we have a 4000 capacity stand to take up.

Get some free coach travel on, like Charlton did last season (to blackburn I think). If Madejski is serious about the support issues and staying positive then hopefully he may well try to be a bit proactive and inspiring.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 12 Feb 2008 14:13

Having been at the STAR AGM earlier this season it transpired that STAR made a sizeable profit from the coach travel last season, maybe these funds could be utilised in a pro-active way for free travel for fans to Wigan...?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 Feb 2008 20:26

Royalshow I for once will be going just so i can stand at the back and not be hassled.

Agreed. However, last time I went 4 of us stood at the back and EVERYONE else sat down, despite there being plenty of room to move to a position where you could stand.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 28 Feb 2008 11:06

Agreed. Cheap train ticekts are available at the moment though. 17 quid for those of us with a YP card. 8)

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 28 Feb 2008 11:58

RG30 I would ask STAR to investigate the possibility of getting something arranged to get people up at the JJB for this game, cheap tickets at £15/£20.

as Royalshow says £5 tickets to Manchester City did not have as much effect as we all hoped for, and also the no alcohol rule is for any organised travel to a football match and so applies to STAR coaches. However I am happy to raise it at the next STAR meeting early in March as that is plenty of notice to get things organised.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Feb 2008 12:18

starliaison
RG30 I would ask STAR to investigate the possibility of getting something arranged to get people up at the JJB for this game, cheap tickets at £15/£20.

as Royalshow says £5 tickets to Manchester City did not have as much effect as we all hoped for, and also the no alcohol rule is for any organised travel to a football match and so applies to STAR coaches. However I am happy to raise it at the next STAR meeting early in March as that is plenty of notice to get things organised.

Fair point, however I think the Wigan game would be different, purely because tickets are great value. We sold out our allocation at Birmingham within a matter of days which was mainly due to pricing (granted we only had 1,400).

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 28 Feb 2008 12:23

RG30
starliaison

Fair point, however I think the Wigan game would be different, purely because tickets are great value. We sold out our allocation at Birmingham within a matter of days which was mainly due to pricing (granted we only had 1,400).

I agree. Theres alot of people that would be interested in going for a number of reasons. The price being a main factor and also, this could be a big game for both sides. It would be great to see us take a big support up there.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 17 Mar 2008 21:13

SPECIAL OFFER - WIGAN TRAVEL FOR £5.00 - on sale from Saturday 22nd March.

Existing members only have until the Blackburn game (29th March) to book their seats, people can then join STAR from Tuesday (1st April) to take to advantage of this special offer. Offer open to first 700 to book.

Departure Times:
Depart Mad Stad - 8.00am
Depart Station Hill - 8.15am

Bookings can be made at the STAR HQ on home match days and on Tuesday evenings between 7.30-9.00pm.

http://www.star-reading.org

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 Mar 2008 07:12

It's all about the minibus special for Wigwam :lol:

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 26 Mar 2008 15:59

Re: Wigan travel - apologies if this kind of question has been asked many times before, but at that bargain price we're thinking of taking the coach to this one, and were wondering if these are the famous "Executive" issue coaches, complete with toilets (a crucial factor in decision-making chez Weakbladder Mansions).

STAR TRAVEL

by STAR TRAVEL » 26 Mar 2008 16:44

Not on this trip I am afraid, execs are very expensive and we end up being 8 seats down to accommodate the facilities, ( normal coach 57 seats, execs 49) hence only putting them on for the really long trips.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Apr 2008 13:04

BUMP, anyone that wasn't thinking of going may wish to reconsider this offer if on a budget.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1